Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Hello all, my husband is at Fort Hood and we are suppose to be heading there in 2-3 weeks. I was wondering if anyone can tell what the on post housing is like, we have a 4 bedroom house. What are the schools like, I am trying to decide wether or not I want to send my 4 yr old to school or homeschool him. Really just any general info would be awesome!

Thank you 

Jo-el

by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Replies (11-14):
Lucky2BaMomof2
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 2:31 AM
Lived on post there for 5 years.. Sucked... don't know about the schools
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TwinzM0mmy
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:34 AM
We got to Ft. Hood in April. We live in Harker Heights and I love it. When we first got here we looked everywhere but harker heights for a house ( we ruled it out bc we were warned that the drive was bad, but it takes my husband 15 min to get to work not bad at all) and I didn't like the other areas at all. My kids will be starting at the Montessori School at the end of August, everyone I talked to highly recommended it.
dtristan78
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:02 PM

I don't live on post, never have!  My husband said he "needed his own space away from work".  We live in South Killeen area, very nice and newer than around the post.  Quiet neighborhoods, however no place is far enough during training exercises!!  If you need school options try www.schooldigger.com.  Also, when looking at schols go for the exemplary school rating.  There are a few in the area, a very few.  I know of onw school on post that is great in rating and 2 off post, Iduma and Saegart.  there might be more but I only know those 2 off the top of my head.

Good Luck

Army_Wife_21
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Coushatta st, I believe is what my husband told me. 

And I plan on homeschooling for at least this year cause my son has some behavior issues.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN