Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families
My sweet dh just shipped to bootcamp and he tried to message me on fb and I was in the shower:/ I missed his messages...he said he might be able to message me later and I'm hoping he does! I miss him so much:/ edit: it's the week period before bootcamp actually starts. Edit again: at the moment I don't currently have a cell phone i'm working on getting it turned back on, but that might be why they let him fb message me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 5:38 PM
Replies (11-20):
violinjewel
by Julia on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Facebook? Boot camp? What happened to just the one phone call and getting letters?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ASigler86
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:07 PM
I the other day I read a post from some lady on the AF Basic Military Training FB page complaining that she had yet to receive her "mandatory" weekly call from her DH; and if they were going to be busy, they should have given them a different day to call.

I never knew any phone call to be mandatory; let alone a weekly one...

Quoting violinjewel:

Facebook? Boot camp? What happened to just the one phone call and getting letters?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marinewife55
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Huh, my stbxdh couldn't even use the phone the entire three months of boot camp
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silvia1011
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I'm sorry you missed his msgs :(

But I'm surprised they allow FB..  DH was in AF bootcamp about 10 years ago and I think the only time I got a phone call was almost at the end to give me info on graduation.. 

We wrote letters, and that was it.  It sucked.. I think his was only 6 weeks?  I think other branches are longer.

besosfantasies
by Cori on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Keep the phone by you. Shower with it. Train yourself now because that's how it'll be once he deploys.

besosfantasies
by Cori on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I was trying to explain to my friend how communication will be with her sister once she goes to boot camp. Apparently she's guard and so is the other guy commenting on her status because he was saying he KEPT his phone in his box out of site, along with others, and used it every Sunday. 

Dh is AD Navy and had to ship his back. We got the mandatory call saying he made it and was fine, but that's it.

Quoting ASigler86:

I the other day I read a post from some lady on the AF Basic Military Training FB page complaining that she had yet to receive her "mandatory" weekly call from her DH; and if they were going to be busy, they should have given them a different day to call.

I never knew any phone call to be mandatory; let alone a weekly one...

Quoting violinjewel:

rebeccasmommy09
by Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Sorry Hun. :( I hate when I miss dh's calls (especially when I "just" miss it by seconds). Hopefully he can message you again soon. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddies_mom101
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:50 PM
2 moms liked this
Yay summer camp
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BellaRose17
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 11:05 PM

wait IS their facebook in basic?! i was told that when DF enlists and goes...there will be one phone call when he gets there to let me know hes there and then nothing until later on when he "earns" phone privilegesand stuff.....is that wrong? now im all confused...time for more research lol

and OP i'm sorry you missed his message :( that must be extremely upsetting

cocoroo
by Coco on Jul. 3, 2012 at 11:08 PM
My kids didn't get phones or internet access at camp.

Quoting Maddies_mom101:

Yay summer camp
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)