Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Officer vs. Enlisted housing *update with pics on page 3*

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:18 PM
  • 77 Replies

Saw a lady write this on fb on 'moving house for the military spouse' What do you guys think:

I'm sure you won't have any problems. The military likes to spend lots of money providing ridiculously nice housing for officers, while enlisted folks, (no matter how hard they work, or how long they have been serving the same country officers do) live in below standard housing

by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beerebelly
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:19 PM

A few people called her out, so then she wrote this:

‎@Jessica, geez, I believe I live in a free country (that my ENLISTED husband defends and serves) where I can express not only my thoughts but what is unfortunately the BRUTAL TRUTH! Apparently, I'm one of the ones brave enough to say it. Sorry to say, BUT It's true....

nelopyma
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:21 PM

I think that *used* to be true.  Not so much now, from what I've seen.  Almost all of the housing at the Navy base here is renovated or recent construction, regardless of rank.

beerebelly
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I agree. At out last base you couldn't pay me enough to live in CGO housing. However, I loved my sisters base housing, it was sooo nice. Her dh is an E-5.

AbriCrazy
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:31 PM
Ohh an O vs E post!
Lol

Eh, housing is crappy everywhere. No matter if it's O or E.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this
She's obviously never been to Ft. Huachuca.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beerebelly
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Quoting AbriCrazy:

Ohh an O vs E post!
Lol

Eh, housing is crappy everywhere. No matter if it's O or E.

Good point.

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Has not been the case for me. The difference here between O and E housing is officers get a 2 car garage, E's get a 1 car garage.  Oooooh BIG difference. NOT.

I don't really recall elsewhere, the O housing in San Diego was nice, but the E housing was nice too and we had way more options. That's one thing I have noticed you get WAY more options in E housing.

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:03 PM
4 moms liked this

I posted to her, I couldn't control myself.

I forgot the difference between E-9 housing and Major and up housing is crown molding, it's the same brand new 1 story 3bedroom 2.5 bathroom house with a 2 car garage that is new and ginormous, but the officers get that crown molding. I know.. I know those poor Sgt Majors have houses that are basically uninhabitable. I don't know why they haven't staged a coup.

Please note sarcasm. ;)

asaffell
by Ashley on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:04 PM
2 moms liked this

That's just damn silly. 

And when your BAH is almost double, shouldn't you get more for it? I'd be pissed as hell to be spending over $2K for a house next to someone paying half that.

Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:15 PM
3 moms liked this
Anyone in their right mind doesn't live on base anyways :P
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)