Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Some freakin notice would be nice!!!

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:22 PM
  • 6 Replies

So my husband gets a text from a fellow E-6 around 1600 that he needed to be at a restaurant (a VERY expensive one) at 1900 for a farewell dinner for one of the other E-6's. Well, aside from the face they people in the command are celebrating this E-6 leaving because he's a total asshole/shitbag, my husband can't go. We JUST found out. This place is like $100 a person to eat, and we just got a truck because we needed it. We don't  have an extra $100 to spend on ONE dinner. My husband is the only married with kids E-6 in his command and they don't seem to understand he cant just show up and drop money whenever. This is the second time this week, the DET LPO has been butt sore because DH wasn't there. No notice (well never more than a couple hours) and no understanding that DH has responsibilities beyond going out and drinking with the guys. Had we known a week ago they were planning this, Dh would have gone BTW,

by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I really hate when they do going away things because only certain people get the "honor", it is always at the last minute, and it varies from something like hot dogs at someone's house to a dinner somewhere out. 

fourlittlebees
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:56 PM
Just dont order anything. Oh and my dh recieved an invite to his own farewell about a week after we left. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KWnavywife
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Quoting fourlittlebees:

Just dont order anything. Oh and my dh recieved an invite to his own farewell about a week after we left. Lol

It's not that easy, we already had plans and his lpo got butt sore about it.
sassyorchid12
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 3:05 AM
Ouch I would just go to show up get a glass of water then say my goodbyes they need to understand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Jul. 6, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I would just go and order a drink. Plans get changed all the time due to military! Maybe they just decided on it that day to do it. I have learned you never make plans because they never happen.

KWnavywife
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Quoting barrelracer1699:

I would just go and order a drink. Plans get changed all the time due to military! Maybe they just decided on it that day to do it. I have learned you never make plans because they never happen.

If it had been an "official" command event, we would have gone. But as it turns out only two people showed, the det lpo and the guy leaving. Which is really funny because they are all so happy this dude is gone and no one thought it was right to give people a couple hours notice and expect them to drop everything.

Btw we are at a shore duty command, it is VERY different down here than what you expect of the normal military life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN