Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

new here wanting to make new friends

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 1:04 AM
  • 10 Replies
Hi I'm Kathryn I am a new mommy and also in the navy currently stationed in washington. My husband is also in the navy currently deployed but stationed out of norfolk va. So at the moment I am a single mom. I didn't think it would be this hard. I've been stationed across the country from my husband for over a year but now that I am a mom its even harder. So thats why I'm here I want to find some new mommy friends that are in a similar situation or just other moms that I can ask questions too. Maybe if there are some moms that live near me we can meet up for coffee and a play date for the little ones.
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AbriCrazy
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 1:28 AM
We are Dual Army. It gets easier.

Btw- youre not a single mom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
besosfantasies
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 1:34 AM

We're Navy and stationed in Mississippi. He's currently deployed. It's difficult with a lo and "single parenting", but you adapt and manage. I can assure you it's nothing like being a single mother, been there and it was way worst than dh being deployed.

VintageWife
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 1:38 AM
We were dual too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Welcome to the group and congrats on your new little one!

kgrimes08
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 1:48 PM
I know that im not an actual single mom but when I thought about being a mommy everything was split and done equally by my husband and myself. So since it's just me thats why I see myself as a single mom. Don't get me wrong I love my husband he is the most amazing man and I do understand and am not complaining about him being gone.
Tabitha109
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 1:50 PM
My husband is stationed in wa too. We live in kitsap. Hi.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tabitha109
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 2:01 PM
And Ill always do playdates if you ever get bored. idk how old your kid is but I've got a couple of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kgrimes08
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 1:37 AM
hi tabitha, my daughter is only 6 weeks at the moment her play time is only tummy time at the moment lol but im still up for "playdates"
DizneyMomma2001
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 3:17 AM

I live on the other side of the bridge.  Dh is stationed at Lewis but we live off post.  I go over the bridge some times to go to the drive-in that's in Port Orchard

Tabitha109
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Hey. Sorry, I just saw this. But yeah. I have a 5 yr old and a 1 yr old. If you want, add me up here or message me your Facebook. There are a few groups on Facebook for kitsap if you're trying to meet people too.

Quoting kgrimes08:

hi tabitha, my daughter is only 6 weeks at the moment her play time is only tummy time at the moment lol but im still up for "playdates"

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN