Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

I was told I am to fat to be a Officers wife

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 11:44 AM
  • 68 Replies

My DH's unit held a mandatory family fun day (per 16 yr old daughters description,lol) and DH and I were talking to his Chief and LT and two couples. Anyway one of the wives that we were talking to told me I need to step up my game if I am going to be a officers wife. I said what do you mean? And she says well all the officer wives I know have the perfect hair, nails, clothes and are all super skinny. You look like you need to loose a good 20-30lbs if you are going to be a propper officer wife. All of us kinda stood there and stared at her for a moment while her husband looked like he wanted to punch her in the face or die. She then does this super shrill nervous laugh and says oh you know me, I'm just kidding. What ever!

Seriously!! Now there is a certain standard you have to keep to be a officer wife?? I'm not a dependapotamus but I'm damn well not going to be freaking stick!

I'm 5'2" and 130 not fat but not super skinny. btw

Check us out on etsy.com/shop/wowthatshot2 for handmade jewelry, wine stoppers, and hair accessories

by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Fat, thin - who cares?

besosfantasies
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:02 PM
3 moms liked this

I've only personally known 2 officers wives.. and yeah, they ran marathons and worked out everyday. My husband is an E3 but even if he was an officer, I'd say eff off. My body, my life. I personally wouldn't allow myself to be way overweight, but my husband's job doesn't dictate my body image.

LADY_V088
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Judgemental people suck in my mind! I'm sorry she was a b****! Some people don't have that brain mouth filter! I would have decked her in the face buuut that is more than likely unacceptable!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:05 PM
2 moms liked this
As long as you are happy in your skin and happy in your marriage.... Doesn't matter what other people say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2BAgain10
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:06 PM
ive been told (when im not pregnant) that im too skinny and need to gain weight. my dad and mom r both tall and skinny
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:07 PM
9 moms liked this
You should have told her stupid people can't be o wives, either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BompsMum
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:32 PM
3 moms liked this
Lol i would have been like YOU ARE ABOUT TO LOSE A FEW TEETH!!!!
Then after a nice long and uncomfortable pause i would say

Hahahahaha just.kidding you know me, i love to threaten dumbasses
followed by wild cackling lol
Dont let her get to you, she sounds insecure and hateful. You will me a lot if wives like that, unfortunately, the most you can do is leave them to their misery
usmclife58
by Nikki on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Okay then.

AbriCrazy
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Yea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Evonavich
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 5:51 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm 5'2 also and 125.
Us shorties are not fat, just fun size haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN