Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Benefits? Husband left me pregnant

Posted by   + Show Post
My husband got out of the navy with an honorable discharge and I'm
Currently 6 months pregnant. He left me but we are still married. Am I entitled to his GI bill for schooling and such and if so how do I get that and also what else am
I entitled to?
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 2:32 AM
Replies (21-24):
sailorwifenmom
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this
You're right, sometimes the guy is the ass and he leaves his family high and dry. But this particular poster ALSO (at the same time she posted this) put a post up about how the Navy sent him home from deployment and gave him an honorable discharge because she is pg and on bed rest. She ALSO put up a post in another group all about how her husband tried to run her over with a car after abandoning her, then came back and robbed her, and how he wasn't sent to jail but she has a restraining order that's good for 5 years - but she still wants him there for the birth.... oh, and the timeline she face for what all was happening when as far as her pg goes is impossible to reconcile with the timeline she gave in the "he got discharged" post (unless she is somehow able to be pg for about a yr as opposed to the normal 9 mos...)

That's a big reason people are being a bit nasty.

Quoting Jaye5.0:

Hey you know sometimes the guy is the asshole in the situation. I don't care if he is military or not. He married her. got her pregnant and left. From her paragraph we don't know if she was sleeping around while he served or what he was doing. If he screwed her, take him to the cleaners, he deserves it. If she was bad no ticky no checky. but some of you were nasty right out of the gate.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbriCrazy
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Because the story is bullshit.

Quoting Jaye5.0:

Hey you know sometimes the guy is the asshole in the situation. I don't care if he is military or not. He married her. got her pregnant and left. From her paragraph we don't know if she was sleeping around while he served or what he was doing. If he screwed her, take him to the cleaners, he deserves it. If she was bad no ticky no checky. but some of you were nasty right out of the gate.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxlilmomma09
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Lame-o.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
islandglo
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:58 AM

u are entitled too benifits like medical..if ur still mARRIED TO HIM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN