Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

vent!

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:42 AM
  • 9 Replies

I just had mine and dh's first baby while he was/is deployed. he is soon to return. we are most definitely on the rocks (we were not doing well prior to deployment or when this baby was conceived). anyways, i am most definitely unhappy and i have done everything with our son 100% on my own. i personally am nervous about his homecoming for many reasons including how he will treat our son. he says kinda horrible (IMO) comments about our son. it makes me sad and not ready to "share". yeah, i am sure ull say "go to counselling" and i would so go however, our son is colicky (very) and i ebf so i cant go even 45 mins away from him(not that i even desire to).    anyways, i am just not ready to have sex again. i dont want anything to do with dh and i feel guilty since hes been gone for so long. i just am about ready to call it quits and that makes me feel even more guilty since I just gave birth to his son. so not fair for our son regardless whether i love his dad or not. i just dont want to hate him as much as i do. i just want to get along for our son's sake. ugh! vent over.

by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SusanD
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:15 AM
Have you talked to your doctor about the way that you are feeling? Is there a possibility of post-partum depression?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:18 AM
Sounds like you need to get some help for postpartum depression.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
islandglo
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:25 AM

is this ur first child? maybe its post partum depression.. girl never give up. im dure ur hubby wants things to work out.. best of luck to you girl.. prayer always helps... trust in the lord!! godbless you and ur family!!

Pugsmuggler
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 8:19 AM
Dh and I did counseling after we had our son, we brought him to therapy with us. It's very doable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LLbaby143
by Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:44 PM

you think i have ppd? I just dont feel "depressed" or anything. I dont feel like the symptoms of ppd.  I dont know if maybe its just partly resentment toward dh. but i have absolutely no resentment toward our son. im unhappy in my marriage most definitely.  does that still account for ppd? what about our issues prior to pregnancy? i felt this way just less than i do now prior to pregnancy. what do yall think?

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Military One Source you can do counseling online or on the phone, no reason to leave your little one. I wouldn't give up on your marriage I would give it all and fight for it. I'm trying to fight for mine right now.

LexisMommy101
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I had really bad PPD towards my husband and not at all towards our dd when she was born I was so misserable and didnt want anything to do with him. I was having a hard time adjusting and just felt like it was all his fault. So yu could have it. You can always just ask your doctor.

Homecomings are hard anyway I could not imagine having a baby with him gone. I get into our own little routine and he just comes home and messes it all up then we have to start over. BUT its always worth it! I know it sounds horrible right now but hopefully he will come home and jump right into helping you!!! I would at least give it a try. 

Pugsmuggler
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:12 PM
My PPD was all aimed at myself and some at my dh, I had zero negative feelings towards my baby.

Quoting LLbaby143:

you think i have ppd? I just dont feel "depressed" or anything. I dont feel like the symptoms of ppd.  I dont know if maybe its just partly resentment toward dh. but i have absolutely no resentment toward our son. im unhappy in my marriage most definitely.  does that still account for ppd? what about our issues prior to pregnancy? i felt this way just less than i do now prior to pregnancy. what do yall think?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LLbaby143
by Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:51 AM
wow OK! thanks for the help. I wouldn't have known I could have pod or that I could get counselling over the phone. thank you so much.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN