Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families
Do you have a system for unpacking boxes or do you just start pulling stuff out?

I have one but it's gone out the window this time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:21 PM
Replies (21-26):
cocoroo
by Coco on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:42 PM

I always bring sheets, towels and stuff like that with us also. 

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

I get the kitchen unpacked first, then the living room... this way we have ONE room that's not a complete disorganized mess. It helps when you need a happy place when you keep finding broken shit in every box. Then I move to the kids rooms. 

I have several boxes that I bring with me that have things like: fresh sheets for all the beds, fresh towels and wash cloths ,clothes. This way I know where all of these things are... there is nothing like a a mad rush to wally world because you didn't find towels and sheets before bedtime :)

writingafwife
by Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Kitchen, living rm, kids rms then mine last. We just pcs'd back from Germany I opened two boxes marked kitchen and they were nothing but packing paper and a huge box marked kids room with nothing but a Lego wrapped up in it....it really ticked me off I think they wasted a ton of packing paper on nothing also they packed shoes in the same box as the pots and pans wtf they werent even near each other in the old house so I'm still scratching my head at that one
Ankles
by Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:16 PM
In one box I found nothing but a plastic jar of season salt wrapped up like it was a 1,000 year old china vase.

Quoting writingafwife:

Kitchen, living rm, kids rms then mine last. We just pcs'd back from Germany I opened two boxes marked kitchen and they were nothing but packing paper and a huge box marked kids room with nothing but a Lego wrapped up in it....it really ticked me off I think they wasted a ton of packing paper on nothing also they packed shoes in the same box as the pots and pans wtf they werent even near each other in the old house so I'm still scratching my head at that one

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
youngmami07
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:22 PM
I put the boxes in the room it belongs. Then I start with kids rooms, kitchen, bathroom, our bedroom and living room. I have everything unpacked in a day. By the end of a week, everything is organized and hung up.
fourlittlebees
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:14 PM

I like to do the bedrooms first because they are the easiest for me.   Then kitchen.  I usally have it unpacked with in a day or two as well.   I can't stand the clutter with the boxes so we work fast!  The stuff that is the most time consuming part is the misc storage stuff.

We just moved a couple of weeks ago and all the excess paper really drives me crazy.  A few of the kitchen boxes were the large dish packs with say 6 glasses in them. The rest was paper.   They skimped paper on stuff too though.  One thing that really drives me crazy is when the contents is written on the box and it's not even close to what is inside the box.

DizneyMomma2001
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 5:35 PM

We do the kitchen and the bedrooms first.  We like to have our beds ready for the night and the ability to cook in our own kitchen after eatting out for days on end.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)