Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families
Do you have a system for unpacking boxes or do you just start pulling stuff out?

I have one but it's gone out the window this time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
asaffell
by Ashley on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Kitchen always comes first so that I can function.

Ankles
by Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:17 PM
I start with the kitchen as well and make sure the table is cleared off so we have a place to sit down.

Quoting asaffell:

Kitchen always comes first so that I can function.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cocoroo
by Coco on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I get everything in the room where it goes.  Then, I start unpacking.  I usually get a TV and DVD player set up first, then the beds, and from there I just unpack.

SierraLynn
by Just Me on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:53 PM
I just go by room. Doesn't matter which room. My mil and I got our entire house unpacked and put away (not including hangning pictures) the same day they dropped all the stuff off. I was pretty proud of that. Lmao.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ankles
by Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 3:23 PM
I would be proud to! I'm moving so slow this time what with the heat and being 27 weeks pregnant with twins and DH being gone and the movers ignoring our instructions on where things go. Driving me nuts

Quoting SierraLynn:

I just go by room. Doesn't matter which room. My mil and I got our entire house unpacked and put away (not including hangning pictures) the same day they dropped all the stuff off. I was pretty proud of that. Lmao.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jul. 15, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Boxes dont come in the house .. they're unloaded off the truck and stacked in the garage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Jul. 15, 2012 at 4:03 PM
I don't do any of it, my little moving crew does it. Most of our stuff is toys and clothes anyways, so not to terribly hard to put away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlogsdon
by Mary on Jul. 15, 2012 at 4:26 PM
I dont really have a system. What came from one room may not work out in the new place and have to go in another room. So I kinda unpack everything, then organize later. It takes me about two days, but it looks like a bomb went off until I'm done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I let the movers unpack and I just out away!

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I get the kitchen unpacked first, then the living room... this way we have ONE room that's not a complete disorganized mess. It helps when you need a happy place when you keep finding broken shit in every box. Then I move to the kids rooms. 

I have several boxes that I bring with me that have things like: fresh sheets for all the beds, fresh towels and wash cloths ,clothes. This way I know where all of these things are... there is nothing like a a mad rush to wally world because you didn't find towels and sheets before bedtime :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)