Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

IN-LAWS TELL US ABOUT YOURS

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:36 AM
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this

But first let me tell you about mine they are the best my mother-in-law is one of kind and my father-in-law is the same i love them my husband is deployed and im so happy that i have them and its sad because my husband cant say the same about my parents...but im truly blessed i m happy to say i have them....Now tell us your story what makes yours special or not special?

by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CountryStrong84
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:44 AM
Deceased.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eringlading
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:47 AM
My fil has passed but he was great. My mil is dying of cancer but she's a wonderful person. Just wish they could be around longer:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SierraLynn
by Just Me on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:50 AM
They are pretty great! I love them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Quoting CountryStrong84:

Deceased.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shesliketx
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:55 AM
My mil and I have issues, BUT she is a great grandmother, loves me despite our differences; and is always there when we need her! We've come a long way!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:58 AM

It is a love/hate. They can be absolutely amazing. They are always there when we need them, and they go above and beyond... Sometimes the beyond is the problem though. They sometimes like to get involved in things that are none of their business. 

beerebelly
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:01 AM

MIL died last year. FIL is great!  BIL is a detective with the NJ police dept-nice guy. SIL is a snobby attorney/ single cat lady in NJ.

busymom876
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Quoting eringlading:

My fil has passed but he was great. My mil is dying of cancer but she's a wonderful person. Just wish they could be around longer:(

im sorry

nelopyma
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:20 AM

MIL died several years ago, but she was awesome.  Scared the hell out of me at first, but she was a teenage mother who raised DH on her own.  Extremely left-wing, she used to show up at anti-gay protests with her own signs about bigotry, lol.  Step-FIL is a good guy... it's kind of awkward with him since MIL died, but he's the kind of guy who would do anything for family.

Seans_mommy123
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:20 AM

My mother in law is a nut job and an alcoholic. Isn't much of a grandparent to her only grandchidlren. She has over the past couple years started to try and buy my oldest's love by getting him big gifts. If you ask DS who grandma is he can't tell you. She has yet to meet the youngest which she'll get to meet him in about 3 weeks when we go home. She and I don't get along. 

FIL we don't see much. He's an alcoholic and we see him once every couple years. He isn't involved in the kids lives at all. DS doesn't know who grandpa is. It's really kind of sad. We last saw him in May right after my youngest was born and he didn't interact with either of the boys. Oh well his loss i guess.

All in all don't like my MIL and FIL. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)