Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

If you had the chance...

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:05 PM
  • 73 Replies
...of deploying with your SO or DH would you take it? What if you had to choose between keeping a job or deploying with him? Would you stay for the job or would you just go anyway and find another job when you get back?
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beerebelly
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:06 PM
3 moms liked this

WTH?  No, I would not want to deploy with him. If I did I would have joined the military.

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:15 PM
5 moms liked this

WTF kind of question is this?!

Hmmm...would I want to go to Afaghanistan and stay in lodging next to a shit pond, while surrounded by people that hate and want to kill Americans?  I think I'll pass.

AbriCrazy
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Lmao I'm going to keep my thoughts to myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laughnchica
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:17 PM
My SO and I are both in the military. We had both joined before we were together. His unit is deploying to Bahrain next year and I could go with him. But the job I'm doing right now could become more permanent than it is now so I have that choice to make of not seeing him for a year or not having a permanent job...just wanted some opinions of what you ladies would do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beerebelly
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:18 PM
2 moms liked this

And right because I would trade this for this:

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:19 PM

I didn't think any job in the military was "permanent"...

Quoting laughnchica:

My SO and I are both in the military. We had both joined before we were together. His unit is deploying to Bahrain next year and I could go with him. But the job I'm doing right now could become more permanent than it is now so I have that choice to make of not seeing him for a year or not having a permanent job...just wanted some opinions of what you ladies would do.

Lizzys_mommy13
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Nope. If we could deploy with them, I would stay put at home. As much as I miss him, things here need taken care of while he is gone. Can't take care of things here and be there at the same time. 
I got out of the military a while ago. If I wanted to deploy, I would have fought harder to stay in. 

JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Nope I wouldn't deploy... I couldn't imagine volunteering to deploy at the same time my husband deployed and then leaving our son behind with my parents or sister. It is different from being told to deploy and just volunteering.  Just my thoughts. 

AbriCrazy
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:20 PM
They're not. Someone is full of shit.

Quoting jas_momof2:

I didn't think any job in the military was "permanent"...

Quoting laughnchica:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
violinjewel
by Julia on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:21 PM
No. Such an odd question.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)