Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

What do you do with food when you PCS?

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you pack up the contents of your fridge and freezer into a cooler?

Do you donate or give it away?

What about cupboard items?

We're starting to mentally prepare for a move (Don't know when or where, hopefully within the next three months) and since all I've ever done is move from house to house in the same town or within an hour's drive, I would love some advice.

Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Replies (31-33):
Melbornj
by Melissa on Jul. 23, 2012 at 8:40 PM
A couple months beforehand we do minimal shipping trips so we start to use everything up. I search out certain recipes to use up refrigerator ingredients. If it us boxed or non perishable we let the packers pack it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EstherCobb
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:54 PM

We donate or give away most of it... I have to say, that I would consider putting everything (spices, flours, sugars etc) up on CL for free or posting at the local college. We moved from San Antonio to Ohio and the movers packed my kitchen for me.... it was NOT pretty when I opened the boxes up. And some items retained the smell of the boxes/packing paper - I ended throwing quite a few things away because the taste was so screwed up. Next time, I'll just put money aside to re-stock my kitchen.

Love to you and yours, Esther

"I can do no great things, only small things with great love." -Mother Teresa

Ready to kick those harsh chemicals out of your house? Visit: iDreamOfACheerfulHome.com to learn more!

AirForceWife13
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:57 PM
We used to throw away anything that we didn't use by the time it was time to move.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN