Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Only been at our new duty station for 3 weeks and DH is already never here. Just venting.

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 10:56 PM
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this
Just ticks me off. He just got home and tells me he has to work again this weekend..Second weekend in a row. Plus he's got a week in the field next month and was told it'll be a week in the field every month until further notice. Plus more weekends he has to work, he'll be gone all of October, then again for 2-4 months in the spring before he deploys again. He's been deployed twice so I know how it goes. It just pisses me off that we get to our new station and find out that the kids and I are pretty much on our own for the next 3 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviasMommy611
by Brittney on Jul. 26, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Do you do anything other than complain? Post after post of complaints. It's the military, he will be gone and you won't come first. Get a job, hobby, or whatever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Soldier_Wife07
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Like I said, I KNOW how this life goes. But that doesn't mean I don't have every right to complain and vent my frustrations.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Do you do anything other than complain? Post after post of complaints. It's the military, he will be gone and you won't come first. Get a job, hobby, or whatever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizzys_mommy13
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Welcome to the military hun. 

BompsMum
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Its rough. But the only thing you can change is your outlook, his job is predictable in the sense he will always be gone, so now that you know it for sure, you can choose how you react to it. I hope you all get settled in and start socializing to help the time go by.
shesliketx
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:09 PM
That sucks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Same here. At least you're in good company.

Aqua_Jen
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:11 PM
When my dh is gone a lot I am just thankful he will be well trained when he deploys. I'm sorry you are having a hard time dealing with this though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Byrd15
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Yup... :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Soldier_Wife07
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:15 PM
If we were still at our last place it wouldn't be such a big deal, I at least had friends there. But we've only been here for 3 weeks, only have 1 car, and I don't know anyone yet.

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

When my dh is gone a lot I am just thankful he will be well trained when he deploys. I'm sorry you are having a hard time dealing with this though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aqua_Jen
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Where are you? Maybe it's time to get out and meet people...

Quoting Soldier_Wife07:

If we were still at our last place it wouldn't be such a big deal, I at least had friends there. But we've only been here for 3 weeks, only have 1 car, and I don't know anyone yet.

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)