Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Idk how much more I can take!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 4:24 PM
  • 19 Replies
I keep hearing that military men are hard on their kids but good god! Every single time I turn around my Husband is yelling at our 3 year old about something.and now he has started with our 1 year old.I am all for correcting kids when they are wrong but I'm starting to get anxiety over this! I can only imagian how our kids feel.IDk how much longer I can sit here and watch this!
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ASigler86
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Have you told him how you feel??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvnmykids1824
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Yes.more then enough times.he has gotten better.he used to spank their butts as soon as they were bad but now he just does that when its really called for.he still feels he is right in how he corrects.
Quoting ASigler86:

Have you told him how you feel??

gogetem
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 4:38 PM
I would not let that go on. I dont care what i would have to do.
outtamymynd
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 4:42 PM
2 moms liked this
Maybe you should tape him and let him hear what he sounds like. It could open his eyes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jul. 28, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Sounds like you need to talk about what you expect out of the other as far as discipline goes and see where he is coming from. 

Different parenting styles can work as long as both parents are on board and know where the other is coming from..

wruss
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 4:54 PM
That's a really good idea...sometimes they honestly don't realize how they are...also, how was his upbringing? Were his parents harsh on him?

Quoting outtamymynd:

Maybe you should tape him and let him hear what he sounds like. It could open his eyes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BompsMum
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this

i would speak up. not in an arguing manner or like you are trying to 'correct' or 'shame' him but in a way that lets him know that his manner of speaking could be coming out different than he thinks it is.

my husband deals with recruits all day, he comes home, he is tired and stressed and needs time to decompress. sometimes he reacts and doesnt realize how he is talking (after all, he spends 18 hours talking a certain way and then comes home and has to flip a switch and be different), it doesnt mean he is a bad dad or doesnt love our bub, just that he needs to be conscious of how he is speaking.

i wish you luck on this because its hard, discipline is important but its more important to keep it from being abusive. you are the protector of your bub in this case (or vice versa if you were the one being mean) so definitely stick up for your bub

mama_of_tw0
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 8:24 PM

same thing here too!!! its very irritating and gets my anxiety going bc i know if i try to stick up for my daughter me and hubby will fight and if i dont say anything to my daughter i feel like shes gonna feel ganged up on...i hate it.....but i just try to make it a point to talk to my hubby when i feel that way somtimes its works and somtimes it doesnt... :( 

mrs.sparklin25
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 9:08 PM

I know just how you feel! My 5 year old is not my current husband's son (he's from a previous marriage) and my husband thinks that yelling is the answer for everything! Not only that, he tries to use adult logic when talking to him. My kid actually went home last Christmas and told his dad that he hates his new step-dad (which of course caused problems for me). I recommend talking to him and if that doesn't work, suggest he needs to take a parenting class. If he won't, then maybe try talking to one of his NCOs to see if they can get through to him.

There is no reason to yell at your kids. It does much more harm than good.  I'm sure we've all heard the saying:

It's easier to build a child than repair an adult.

luvnmykids1824
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Same thing here also! Sometimes he will listen to me and other times he thinks he is in all rights in correcting his way.Then he gets mad because I don't back him up.But all I can do is see the fear in my little girls face and feel sorry for her! And sometimes I'll even hug her after he yells and that makes him even more mad.
Quoting mama_of_tw0:

same thing here too!!! its very irritating and gets my anxiety going bc i know if i try to stick up for my daughter me and hubby will fight and if i dont say anything to my daughter i feel like shes gonna feel ganged up on...i hate it.....but i just try to make it a point to talk to my hubby when i feel that way somtimes its works and somtimes it doesnt... :( 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN