Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Sons and Daughters joining the military

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 4:37 PM
  • 5 Replies

HI, I was just curious if anyone had any sons or daughters that joined the military. My son Michael joined the Army National Guard and just started boot camp this month. I know he is a tough kid and will be able to get through it but i do worry about him. and  I  miss him he won't be home until the end of October.  I received my first letter from him the other day and i was happy to hear from him. He is my only child. He is 18 will be 19 in October. He graduated high school in May.

I like to hear from other moms that are going through the same.

Anne

by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
cocoroo
by Coco on Jul. 28, 2012 at 5:24 PM

My son turned 18 yesterday and is supposed to go to AF boot camp in Dec.  I apparently I'm taking it better than most mothers do.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jul. 28, 2012 at 5:38 PM

I'll get back with you next year...  :)

amonkeymom
by Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Welcome to the group!

jimbosmom
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 9:02 PM

No matter the age, you will miss him and worry about him.  But you raised him to the best of your ability, giving him the morals, ethics and basics he needs to be a good man, and the Army Army is training him to be a strong, steathly, trained fighting machine, a part of the Army's most highly valued machinery!

My son was nearly 26 when he joined the Army and wrote to me from Basic training that he had never heard so many grown men cry. I told him he was probably the only grown man there! Most were away from home for the first time.

You see, they miss us as much as we miss them!

He will be fine and so will you, but a prayer here and there can't hurt.

Regards!

Hooah!

sailorwifenmom
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM
My son is in the Navy - as is my husband :-)

I know it can be hard seeing them head off, but I'm sure he's going to do great :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)