Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Volunteering for deployment?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM
  • 9 Replies
Has anyone's DH done this? And if so- does he go back to his original unit after, or stay with the one he deployed with?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
asaffell
by Ashley on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Usually they release them at some point after they come back - a neighbor's husband was released back to his original unit after he went through the post-deployment stuff.

FIREFOX1336
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 2:11 AM
As a reservist I volunteered, a unit couldn't fill all the slots they had to. I left from my unit to the desert and went straight back to my unit from the desert, it was easy and was just like any other deployment.
Maddies_mom101
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 2:37 AM

yup mine did...he was going with his orginal unit  and was going to be changed over to a different unit due to me being pregnant and the captain kept telling him to stay home with me..... he came back and stayed in his orginal unit  until about 4 months before he got out of the military

Tabitha109
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 2:50 AM
Mine did an extra deployment with another boat. He was part of that command during the deployment and they gave him back afterwards. Ive heard that if they want to keep a guy they can try to make it hard for the original command to get them back. But I've never actually seen it happen so idk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sondi7
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 2:51 AM

My squadron deploys too much for either one of us to volunteer but SS' BM volunteered and she came back to her same unit.

mlogsdon
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 3:51 AM
Thanks ladies! DH really isn't a fan of the group he's with, aside from his immediate team, so he was hoping to not go back. But- if he did, he could deal with it. He's just tossing around a few ideas right now, so we'll see.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USAFamily
by Melissa on Jul. 29, 2012 at 5:43 AM

Mine has not- but I know lots of people whose husbands do it all the time. They stay with their squadron (we are AF, not sure if you are and it's the same).

SierraLynn
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:22 AM

mine has been trying for the past 2 years. His unit wont let him leave. Thank god we PCS in September. Bye bye TRADOC!

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Dh has done it...  His squadron is on a rotation so nothing changed.  (he's AF)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN