Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Army MP Wives

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:07 PM
  • 14 Replies

Are there any on here? 

How does your SO like it? How do you like it? 

by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:44 PM

My hubby HATES it. I think I hate the company the most. He just says they are the first to stab you in the back!

mommaaim12
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:49 PM

I keep hearing negative stuff about MPs. BUT, he wants to be a civilian cop, so this is the next best thing according to him. 

What about deployments? Ive been told they deploy A LOT.

Quoting barrelracer1699:

My hubby HATES it. I think I hate the company the most. He just says they are the first to stab you in the back!

Sara.Worthey
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:49 PM
Hubby was before his medical discharge.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_of_tw0
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:51 PM
My husband is an mp but he doesn't do that he actually just does mechanic work. But he doesn't like his company. And my hubby was deployed all last year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlogsdon
by Mary on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:35 AM
DH was attached to an MP unit for the last 5 years. His particular unit deployed twice, and is currently on its 3rd deployment since 07. I'd say it's about average. It also depends on what kind of unit they're assigned to. The garrison unit worked the road, but didn't deploy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DvlDogWfe
by Stella on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:01 AM

I'm a little confused. Is your husband no longer AD? I guess I"m not understanding how he could be an MP but not do his job as an MP and doing mechanic work instead? What kind of mechanic work does he do?

Quoting mama_of_tw0:

My husband is an mp but he doesn't do that he actually just does mechanic work. But he doesn't like his company. And my hubby was deployed all last year.

mama_of_tw0
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:08 AM

honestly, i have no clue, im still a lil fuzzy in that area...i get confused about that all the time, so i honestly dont know what to tell you..im pretty new at this military stuff....hes part of the 728th MP, and he is still ad.

Quoting DvlDogWfe:

I'm a little confused. Is your husband no longer AD? I guess I"m not understanding how he could be an MP but not do his job as an MP and doing mechanic work instead? What kind of mechanic work does he do?

Quoting mama_of_tw0:

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:16 AM

We have been here since 2008. He has only deployed as an MP once. The company has yet to deploy as a whole, they just keep deploying a squad, or a platoon for PSD missions. Depends on the unit as to how often they will deploy. All the MP units here have deployed once since 2008.

Quoting mommaaim12:

I keep hearing negative stuff about MPs. BUT, he wants to be a civilian cop, so this is the next best thing according to him. 

What about deployments? Ive been told they deploy A LOT.

Quoting barrelracer1699:

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:18 AM

This is actally like one of my friends husbands. His MOS is an MP but he works in the motorpool as a mechanic for the unit.

Quoting DvlDogWfe:

Quoting mama_of_tw0:

DvlDogWfe
by Stella on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Ok, makes sense. I've heard of this happening in other MOS' but I guess I didn't expect it to be with the MP's as well.

Quoting barrelracer1699:

This is actally like one of my friends husbands. His MOS is an MP but he works in the motorpool as a mechanic for the unit.

Quoting DvlDogWfe:

Quoting mama_of_tw0:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)