Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok so this past Tuesday I started watching a 4yr boy. Tues he was dropped off at 130pm and picked up at 630. Yesterday he was dropped off at 2pm. Well it was also my birthday, so as a family we were waiting for this lil boy to get picked up so we could go out to dinner.. 630 comes around, his dad didn't show up. 7 comes and goes, and the boy is still here. I get ahold of his mom eho get ahold of her husband. He was supposidly at the hospital taking care of a solider. Was told he'd be here by 9pm. The agreement was the boy is to be picked up by 630.

well 9pm comes and still the dad isn't here. I text him, are you going to be here soon? He says he got extented by an hour or so. Wtf? I don't think so! So I told him to come get his kid now and after tonight to find a new sitter. I'm done.

So he shows up at 10pm to get his son. He is in civis Not his uniform. It looked like he was out at a bar/club not at the hospital with a solider like he said. I was def pissed! So my question is, would you have told him to find a new sitter as well after only the second day of watching his kid?

Oh and I only got paid $45 for the 2 days. I'm pretty sure I should have gotten more for this bullshit.
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Replies (11-15):
youngmami07
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 10:52 AM
[quote name="jas_momof2" id="0"]

You're assuming the situation based on how he was dressed??  Yeah, you might want to find another line of work.

[/quote

No I quit because he did not have the courtesy to call and tell me he was going to be late. Then he gives a time and doesn't stick to it. Again he didn't call to say he would be even later.
SierraLynn
by Just Me on Aug. 2, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Dh wants me to do in home child care. I just laugh and laugh about it. No way am I doing that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 6:05 PM
3 moms liked this
I've ad people bail on picking up their kids before. I dropped them off :) at their office. Not. My. Problem. And I get paid up front, I onlygot paid for 5 hours. Around hour 7, he was at a BBQ in the hangar. He was saying I couldn't leave his kid there. I just did.
coodychan
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:02 PM

That's when I would have called the police and explain that you have a child in your custody and the parent has refused to pick up that child.  

youngmami07
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting coodychan:

That's when I would have called the police and explain that you have a child in your custody and the parent has refused to pick up that child.  

That's what my husband wanted to do.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)