Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

after homecoming..

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM
  • 16 Replies
What should I expect? It's our first deployment and we've always clicked effortlessly. My friend is very worried because she's noticed her dh has changed and thinks they'll have to adjust like when they first moved in together.. but I'm just not feeling worried about it. I know our guys go through different things.. just wanting expierence from EVERYONE:)

Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamiiCaliente
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:11 PM
My hubby and I did just fine.
We had a few struggles with the kids because he wasn't used to dealing with them for the past 12 months. So he kind up interrupted their routines. But other than that we were fine.
At first we were in a honeymoon stage. It was kind of nice ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
besosfantasies
by Cori on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Thankfully our schedule is the same. He's gotten a little soft on our ds though lol.

Quoting MamiiCaliente:

We had a few struggles with the kids because he wasn't used to dealing with them for the past 12 months. So he kind up interrupted their routines. But other than that we were fine.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armybratmom612
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:15 PM
It was a struggle to relearn our place in the home with the kids,chores, duties etc. it takes us about 6 weeks to reestablish our places
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamiiCaliente
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Exactly what happened with my Dh. He got soft with the kids. Let them do what they wanted.

Quoting besosfantasies:

Thankfully our schedule is the same. He's gotten a little soft on our ds though lol.

Quoting MamiiCaliente:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
davnrori
by Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:33 PM

DH just came back from deployment June 19th. One of my friends kept talking about the 'honeymoon' period and that I could look forward to about a week of it before the first major post-deployment fight. Hasn't happened yet. We've gotten back to our normal routines and we're the same as before. We've always gotten along great, we've never had a huge blow-up fight anyway, and we've been married for almost 7yrs. He IS a little light on the discipline with the kiddos though. I don't mind because I know how much he missed them and how much they missed him.

XOXOArmyWife
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:57 AM
Just to be safe have him do counseling alone and you both do marriage counseling is my opinion. My husband did return very depressed but he didn't realize it; I sure did and now were getting help. Not all families have that happen; you probably will just have to just make homecoming the best u can and see how it goes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pittawadda
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:30 AM
After our 2nd deployment my dh was more selfish. It took awhile for him to get out of that. We has always been soft on the kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Things slipped back together like he was never gone...

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:58 AM

We had no problem.

ssgtgrl12
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:10 AM

they all change just be patience..i mean they have been through hell and have seen things we as spouses or moms cant imagine what they have seen..so all i can say is just be patience and understanding and give him time because he is coping with alot..dont be pushy on wanting to know whats wrong if he wants to talk about it he will let him come to you when he decides to talk and just listen..if he saids hurtful things dont take it to heart..just remember he loves you and he is having to adjust to being home and the life that he left before going on deployment!!

welcomeamerican flag ribbon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)