Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Care Packages

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 10:09 PM
  • 11 Replies

so my husband is in the navy, he is on deployment untill november 28th i want to send him a care package but i dont know what to send. i feel like he needs clothes, underwear, and food cause he complains so much about how much he hates the food lol. is there anything else i should send him? what makes a good care package? 

by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
japanmommy
by Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 10:53 PM
I feel like I always send sucks and undies lol. He really enjoyed energy drinks. I also sent little notes and pictures and "drawings" from the at the time 1.5 year old.

Food wise I sent breakfast cookies, ramen, oatmeal, soba noodles. Anything that could be microwaved and would be a good meal replacement if the food was especially horrible!

Good luck, I hope there's more replies because I'd like some more ideas for this next one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gatorswife1401
by Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:38 PM

I sent dh granola bars, ramen noodles, anything and everything that was non perishable, he loved the snack size mac and cheese stuff, cup of noodle soup, twizzlers (sp) i sent popcorn as well. 

Edited to add : I also sent him toiletry stuff, the purex laundry sheets

MissKaitlinnn
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:39 PM

he left about a month ago and i want this to be perfect. we dont have a child yet and i hope when he gets back we can have a baby of our own. 

LuvMyBoy08
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Granola bars
Trail mix
Slim Jim's
Cracker jack
Mixed nuts
Ramen noodles
Microwaveable popcorn
Gum
Oatmeal
Mac n cheese (in the cup)
Cup of noodles
Pringles
Candy
Dried fruit

Baby wipes
Dryer sheets
Travel size febreeze
Chapstick
Advil
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissKaitlinnn
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:44 PM

thank you xo! 

bestgrandmaof3
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Pictures on a flash drive, empty flash drive for his stuff, jerkey (unique flavors like elk, buffalo) girl scout cookies ( lots! Enough to share!!) fun non melt able candy ( we sent lots of retro stuff) crystal light or propel drink sticks to add to water, we even sent his favorite Hawaiian bread in a sealed Tupperware and peanut butter in individual packs and it made it fresh! Or son was deployed 8 months and just got back last week!!! Go navy!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bestgrandmaof3
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Things that make him smile! Have fun with it, think of filling a Christmas stocking!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pugsmuggler
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this
What the other ladies said :) I would remove the date from your post. OPSEC you know :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmasMom0305
by Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 2:22 PM
The first few packages I sent underware and socks. Now I just send whatever junk food he wants. I also made a photo book on shutterfly.com. They ship to apo's. Oh and every once in a while I order him stuff through net grocer.com because they will ship pop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KWnavywife
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 2:43 PM

First and foremost, remove the date from the post.  That isn't something to post online.

Second, I used to send food (granola bars, water flavor packets, chef boyardee cups) things that can be stored w/o a fridge and can be eaten on the run. Toilet paper is a hot item too. I would suggest t-shirts and underwear on a pretty regular basis as well. I usually sent about 4 a month, because I knew he shared with the guys in his work center.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)