Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families
My husband graduates AIT in 4 weeks & fort riley is our FDS! So excited! Anyone else there wanna share there experience at that base? :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Replies (11-14):
Per1308
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Just moved in but already loving our quiet street. Hopefully the house they move us into in March will be as quiet and not have as many stairs!
nadinebates92
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:23 PM

well, we ended up getting a house on base in warner peterson & love it! we've been here about 3 months & really really like it here :)

Armymom134
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:42 PM

The PX is brand new, in the old PX on Custer Hill is where clothing and sales is and the furniture store. There is a new hospital going up, but I don't really know when it will open.

Manhattan can be expensive because of K-state and it gets busy when the students are in school. You couldn't pay me enough money to live in Junction city or send my kid to school there.

We live in Clay Center, we own our house. Our schools here are awesome, and while there isn't a lot here, its a nice community to live in. There are other smaller communities around like Riley, leonardville  and Wakefield which are very small communities but nice places to live.

There is good shopping in Manhattan, Salina and Topeka is only about an hour and a half away from post.

It's been a long time since I've been in any of the houses on post, I know the new housing that went up a few years ago is really nice, but honestly the older housing isn't that bad either. When my BFF lived there she had a tri-level house and it was very nice.

MeseRed
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:30 AM

I'm from Junction City, shocked to see a post about a location so close to home. If your from a really big city you might not like it, I wouldn't stay in Junction City though. Manhattan is expensive, try to stay on base.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN