Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Its been almost a full 7days since my son left

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:44 PM
  • 7 Replies

I know i seem like im whinning, but its been almost 7 days since my son left for boot camp. the days and nights are still tough but have been getting alittle easier... I still crank my sons fav songs on the radio when im driving and sing as loud as i can like he would... try to giggle at things he n i use to do. (as our brains would shut down)  Its still hard... but ive come to grips with it. 

this site has helped and the support is great... any feed back is wonderful.. ive also found the parris island web site to be helpful with the matrix of what he is expected to be doing while hes there and they have it broken down in to weeks.   cant wait until i get the first letter from him.. im sure im going to sob like a big blubbering idiot.    ive always told him, my tears are not sadness, its my pride oozing out my eyes cuz im so full of pride it has no where else to go!   he liked that when he left.. and i think it made it easier for him, knowing i wasnt sad he was leaving but proud of his disission (spellin sucks sorry) 

keep sending positive energy to all thats out there, it REALLY is appreciated! 

thank you!

SEMPER FI

by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
neine
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 1:40 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi...you don't seem like your whining, you're a mom and it's very emotional to send a son offto bootcamp.  I was proud and scared at the same time. I wrote often to encourage my son, knowing it was going to physically and mentality hard. It was fun receiving letters and now I have them in a keepsake box to re-read and always remember that time.

My (son's) friend is at boot-camp now, he's also a Marine. My son is in the Army, stationed at Fort Drum, NY, he's going to train at Mojave desert in CA for a month this week for his first deployment. There's lots of firsts.

Your son will be fine and just know there's people who feel just like you.  Keep us posted.  I too felt sad and full of pride when he left...he didn't know I was sad, just like now I have fear but I don't tell him, only encourage him to be strong.

Jeanine

asaffell
by Ashley on Aug. 19, 2012 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you're doing great, mama! Like I said, take the sad letters with a grain of salt and just remind him that he's doing great and you're proud.

Apollos82
by Cassie on Aug. 19, 2012 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this
You're doing really well! That "pride leaking out" thing was a good idea. I may borrow that some day. lol

I'll keep you guys in my thoughts! Best wishes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baquick
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Glad to see a post about how this site actually HELPS!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baquick
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Btw- congrats to your son, im proud of him! And of you for being strong :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Smooth move mama!  I'm gonna have to remember that next year when mine takes off...  Bad enough I was a mess when he drove on his own for the first time.

USMCMUMMA
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Theres been alot of mile stones this year with my son, it started with him getting his drivers license, I lost it, he turned 18, I felt old(im only 38) he graduated high school, I sobbed like an idiot, an now hes gone on his own to boot camp, an im a ball full of crazed emotions.... I swore if my 10 yr old daughter gets her "woman thing" im gonna need a padded room vacation for a week.... Lol.... I just miss him so much, an wish I could hug him an tell him hes doing a great job.... As he grew to adulthood we had a common respect, but yet we were best friends.... We're definetly close.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)