Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Emotional Roller Coaster..

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM
  • 4 Replies

We're on the last part of deployment right now.. and I'm feeling like I'm jammed pack full of emotions. I was so excited this morning talking to him and then a few hours ago before my walk I wanted to BALL my eyes out! I feel like a little twit right about now.. 

How was it for you? It's our first deployment and I've just gotten used to him being gone.. It's like the first month all over again.

by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mlogsdon
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:26 PM
2 moms liked this
I was the same way :) I would get so excited, then I'd think about how long I still had to wait, and I'd get so frustrated with myself for counting down and making it seem like forever. I was antsy all the time at the end. I was also freaking out with thoughts about what to do if we didn't feel the same anymore, if there would be a rough transition, etc. but we fit perfectly back together again when he finally came home. Honestly, the beginning and end suck. The middle was easiest, I was in the "groove" of deployment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sberry0509
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I felt the same while I was waiting for my husband to come home from his deployment. It was our first deployment also. I was SO beyond excited to see him, then nervous that I wouldn't know what to talk about. There were a lot of emotions going in with the both of us. I will admit, when I saw him at the welcome home ceremony, I was at a loss of words. I just hugged him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DestinyHLewis
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:41 PM
I am in the same boat right now. This is our 6 th and I feel that exact way ever time. We keep ourselves together and strong to deal with it when they are gone , but when you see that light at the end of the tunnel all those emotions come flooding in all at once. Lol (((hugs))))!
USMCMUMMA
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:39 AM

stay strong!!! 

you can do this. hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN