Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Embassy (sp?) work, Army

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 10:05 AM
  • 12 Replies
Any one been assigned to Embassy work or has a DH who has?

Just curious what it was like and the hours they kept.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DvlDogWfe
by Stella on Aug. 29, 2012 at 10:57 AM

My husband has not, but I keep telling him to go for it. He seems to have this idea that you have to be smart to be assigned this duty. ;)

JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:05 AM
I heard its long hours... Idk if its true. My husband said he wouldn't want it. But it does sound like an interesting opportunity.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
violinjewel
by Julia on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:15 AM
He's only done work with the embassy, but they lived in a house away from the compound.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMmama
by Kara on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Not yet. There is a distinct possibility DH could be assigned to one, but we haven't yet. His current commander just came from an embassy job and it sounds like they liked it but I don't really have any details.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Soniam301
by Sonia on Aug. 29, 2012 at 12:01 PM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sek92
by Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 2:55 PM

my husband has done embassy duty in the army,  you have to wear dress clothes so go suit shopping; depending on what he does it is a long day and very different;  his team got a house away from the embassy but every situation is different; it all depends what he will be doing

katy7980
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 3:08 PM

We are currently at on MSG Duty(embassy duty). We are at our 2nd post. My husband is the Det Cmder here.,Barbados..

My husband keeps his own hours,pts to what he wants. This is an independent duty station. No help from back home. Tricare is a pain in the butt to deal w/,school for children aren't always the best(school is paid for by Marine Corps). Housing is iffy depends on post. We do not have compound here so we live among the locals(which is fine).I have a 3 bdr house 2100sqft

The Embassy staff is ok,you just have to find your niche.Their are jobs for spouse at the embassy but you must be able to obtain a TS clearence. Theirs good and pros to this billet. We about to get off this program in a couple months(it's been a long 3yrs-I miss Walmart).

katy7980
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I forgot it hard to get this billet(people dropped because the work load is ridiculous), I know for the Marines is 10wks for the det cmdr and the MSG is 8wks. MSG can not go on this program if the they are below the rank of SSGT or they have more the 4 dependents.

Halljc83
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Hi, my name is Jeannette, can u tell me ur experience in Barbados ? Any good advice? We might be stationed over there and I am just looking for some good tips. Pls email me at millerjc20022002@yahoo.com
Thanks
Jeannette
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)