Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

when you or hubby is/was in basic training

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:35 AM
  • 24 Replies
And you/he got sick did they seclude you/him from everyone except for the other sickies?

Eta: I forgot to ask, did you/he get to receive and send letters?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
violinjewel
by Julia on Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:40 AM
My husband never got sick in basic, but injured his hip in basic, and was in a different area then the regular privates doing basic. I think it was probably in the sick call area or something like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sailorwifenmom
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:42 AM
No. They didn't do that when I was in basic, nor did they do that for my dh or ds when they were. All of us went through Navy boot camp.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laceycolston
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:42 AM
Poor guy. How is he doing now?

Quoting violinjewel:

My husband never got sick in basic, but injured his hip in basic, and was in a different area then the regular privates doing basic. I think it was probably in the sick call area or something like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laceycolston
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:43 AM
Wonder if that makes a difference, hubby is in the army

Quoting sailorwifenmom:

No. They didn't do that when I was in basic, nor did they do that for my dh or ds when they were. All of us went through Navy boot camp.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
violinjewel
by Julia on Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:45 AM
He's ok now, as it's been years since. I think he also he was doing physical therapy for two months, so they had him in a different area. He was able to send letters during that time as well. He had to be recycled and graduated later because of the amount of time physical therapy was, and having to start with a different class.

Quoting laceycolston:

Quoting violinjewel:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laceycolston
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Hmmm I wonder why hubby was secluded, well with other sickies, and wasn't able to receive letters or send them

Quoting violinjewel:

He's ok now, as it's been years since. I think he also he was doing physical therapy for two months, so they had him in a different area. He was able to send letters during that time as well. He had to be recycled and graduated later because of the amount of time physical therapy was, and having to start with a different class.

Quoting laceycolston:

Quoting violinjewel:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
violinjewel
by Julia on Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:51 AM
It probably just depends on command, and other factors.

Quoting laceycolston:

Hmmm I wonder why hubby was secluded, well with other sickies, and wasn't able to receive letters or send them

Quoting violinjewel:

Quoting laceycolston:

Quoting violinjewel:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laceycolston
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:56 AM
True that. I trust him completely, his mom just made me rethink it tonight after I told her about it

Quoting violinjewel:

It probably just depends on command, and other factors.

Quoting laceycolston:

Quoting violinjewel:

Quoting laceycolston:

Quoting violinjewel:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxlilmomma09
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:00 AM
If he is contagious, they will separate him from the class. Depending on how long he was sick, he might have to recycle.
NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:01 AM

My husband didn't get sick. Is he secluded because he is contagious? I guess I am confused.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)