Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Should Spouse Clubs combine?

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.drum.army.mil/mountaineer/Article.aspx?ID=6730

Seems like a lot of posts and bases are doing this. I was at Hood and this still has not been done there. Does anyone want to chime in?

I was in the ESC and really didn't care for the activities.  They did things like play bunco endlessly. It met at night which was tough during deployment. I attended one OWC luncheon as a guest and enjoyed the preluncheon shopping and the lunch and program. It was more my "style" and it met during the day when daycare was available at post daycare. I much preferred the latter to the former.

Most of the posts have combined and have adopted the latter format of a program. WHat do you think of this? Should spouses combine or stay separate?

PS-I am not talking about an FRG here, FRGs welcome all

by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Replies (61-67):
ccmvm
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 7:33 PM

It is combined here.

sailorwifenmom
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 11:03 PM
Lol - we just got the first statement. Even with her various scholarships (and the GI Bill hasn't kicked in yet) it's crazy high, so right now, I'm like that line from that movie (sorry - just blanked out on it's name) - the line that says "Show me the money!" ;-)

Quoting jas_momof2:

lol - that's one way to look at it!

Quoting sailorwifenmom:

Oh - lol - thinking about it a bit more, I'm glad they have their own clubs, at least at our last command, since our dd won a scholarship from both the enlisted spouses club and the officers spouses club, so having the two separate groups meant more money we saved :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Sep. 6, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Jerry Maguire :) 

Yeah...  I'm kinda waiting in suspense as my 17 yr old decides what he wants to do...

Quoting sailorwifenmom:

Lol - we just got the first statement. Even with her various scholarships (and the GI Bill hasn't kicked in yet) it's crazy high, so right now, I'm like that line from that movie (sorry - just blanked out on it's name) - the line that says "Show me the money!" ;-)

Quoting jas_momof2:

Quoting sailorwifenmom:

Oh - lol - thinking about it a bit more, I'm glad they have their own clubs, at least at our last command, since our dd won a scholarship from both the enlisted spouses club and the officers spouses club, so having the two separate groups meant more money we saved :-)

cocoroo
by Coco on Sep. 7, 2012 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Reading about college costs makes me so happy my son decided to go in the AF, LOL. One down, three to go.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Yeah...  I'm kinda waiting in suspense as my 17 yr old decides what he wants to do...

Quoting sailorwifenmom:

Quoting jas_momof2:

Quoting sailorwifenmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sailorwifenmom
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 2:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks - I completely blanked out on the name - I could picture the scene but that was it.

Good luck with the decision process!

Quoting jas_momof2:

Quoting sailorwifenmom:

Quoting jas_momof2:

Quoting sailorwifenmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sailorwifenmom
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 2:20 AM
LOL - I completely understand! Ours graduated one right after another, and while we were willing to send them both to school, our wallet is very glad our son enlisted lol!

He's been joking that this should make him the favorite, since he doesn't cost us anything lol!

Quoting cocoroo:

Reading about college costs makes me so happy my son decided to go in the AF, LOL. One down, three to go.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Quoting sailorwifenmom:

Quoting jas_momof2:

Quoting sailorwifenmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loving2live
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:07 PM
I know this is ancient but just saw this -- I wasn't trying to be mean, but in reading my post it does sound that way.

I'm frustrated because other than the events mentioned below, everyone I've met seems to attend military functions with a mask on. I've never had a problem making friends other than in military life, and now we've PCSed 3000 miles from anybody I know.

And it's good that you DGAF, because DH was actually just an E6 that some crazy sergeant major put in as a company's First Sergeant. I wasnt trying to pull rank, just explain who Ive met that has actually acted like decent individuals...

Quoting cocoroo:

And, good way of sneaking in there that your dh is an O or SNCO. Guess what? IDGAF.

Quoting loving2live:

If you are being nice just for your husband's sake, then maybe they are too and that's why everyone comes across as a "fake bitch." You might have more in common than you know.

That said, I've been to a couple events for officers' and senior NCO's wives, but that's it... Everyone has been very nice though.

Quoting cocoroo:

FRG my ass.  These are my real friends, not the fake bitches I'm nice to for my dh's sake.  I was in the local mom's club with these women the first time I lived here.

Quoting 4ever-SJ:

Just your usual FRG meeting, right?

Quoting cocoroo:

That is the only way my friends and I play and we usually go bar hopping after.

Quoting 4ever-SJ:

Is there such a thing as drunk bunco?

Quoting cocoroo:

I like Bunco, just sayin'.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN