Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Love worth fighting for

Posted by   + Show Post
I love my husband more then words can explain. I have a Christ like love for him, but he is not my God. He told me in July he wanted a divorce, but has yet to do anything. We have been married for six and a half years and I'm not willing to give it all up what would you do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Replies (11-20):
adoptivemomof1
by Mel on Sep. 6, 2012 at 6:53 PM
2 moms liked this

"Christ like love" doesn't sound healthy- you could try counselling as suggested but you might also want to try individual counselling to help you deal with it all and figure out what you want....right now you are probably in too much pain and shock to even think about if this is truly what you want or be able to see if it is what is best for you....divorce sucks but sometimes it is time to call it quits- I did almost 10 years ago and then met my hubby a few years later...the pain from divorce is hell but staying in a marriage with someone who isn't commited to you is far worse....best wishes to you....

JMcIver
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 6:55 PM
Thank you all!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbriCrazy
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:09 PM
2 moms liked this
What the fu....?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't do anything. If he really wants a divorce, he will do something to make it happen. 

There are some verses to help with divorce. I can't recall them at the moment, but I remember reading them when my husband and I were contemplating it.

sailorwifenmom
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 9:30 PM
6 moms liked this

I understand and respect wanting to honor your marriage vows, and I'm also a Christian, so I get what you're saying with loving him in a Christ like way, where you are willing to forgive and move past what was causing harm in the relationship, and how you can choose to love him even when you don't like him very much.

HOWEVER - the thing is, you both have to want this.  If he doesn't want to fix the marriage, then it won't be fixed.  It doesn't  matter how many counselors you go to, or how much YOU want it to work, HE has to be willing to work on it, too. 

He says he wants a divorce, but he isn't taking any action towards getting one.  That means you have to decide what you want.  Are you willing to live in a limbo where you're waiting for that shoe to drop?  Push the counseling, see if that helps, but in the meantime, you need to decide what is right for you?  He has to choose what he's going to do about the marriage, but you need to choose how you are going to deal with his actions, and neither of you can force the other one to behave as you want,  if that makes sense. 

Have you talked to your Pastor about this?  Also, military Chaplains are a GREAT resource for confidential and free counseling, both as a couple and as invididuals.  They could probably offer you a lot better advice and insight for you, based on your specific situation.

Good luck!

Mama_Gleich
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Um...... Idk... That is hard... Did he say why he wanted a divorce?
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Sep. 6, 2012 at 10:03 PM
4 moms liked this

It's only worth fighting for if BOTH parties are in it.  You can not win a one sided battle.

nathansmommy331
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 10:41 PM
2 moms liked this
Love dare
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cocoroo
by Coco on Sep. 7, 2012 at 2:12 AM
Everytime I see the title of this post, I think of the song "A Girl Worth Fighting For" from Mulan. I love that song.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marinewife55
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 2:20 AM
Meee too...prolly because I just watched that movie with my dd tonite :)

Quoting cocoroo:

Everytime I see the title of this post, I think of the song "A Girl Worth Fighting For" from Mulan. I love that song.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN