Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Favorite Army post!!!

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:51 PM
  • 22 Replies

Hey Everyone! Im new to the group! were a army family currently in Germany. Were just about at the end of our tour here and have the option where we go next!  What has everyones favorite place to be stationed? How was the schools? Was there a lot to do?? Thanks Ladies :) 

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:59 PM

I'm useless .. I've loved everywhere we've been - Benning, Hood, Huachuca.

JerJas2
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 3:07 PM
We we're stationed at hood for 6 years and I loved it. My DH not so much though. He was in 1st CAV and they deployed a lot. They have a ton of stuff to do on and off post. They have lots of festivals, concerts, book signings, celebrity appearances and special events for military families. We are now at Richardson and I am bored out of my mind. We've only been here 2 months though so it may take some time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cocoroo
by Coco on Sep. 12, 2012 at 3:16 PM
We have only been to Benning, HAAF and Lewis with the Army, but I have traveled a lot and lived many other places. I like Lewis.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SierraLynn
by Just Me on Sep. 12, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Loved loved loved Fort Wainwright, Alaska.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lindsay122001
by Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 4:54 PM
Favorite was Bragg... Also been in Germany and now at Hood.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovebugX2
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 4:31 AM
I've heard Lewis a lot, and where we are in ktown Germany. Anyone been to Okinawa?
SierraLynn
by Just Me on Sep. 13, 2012 at 5:56 AM
You should really try to embrace Alaska while you're there. Most people I know hate it... Until they leave. Then they realize just how amazing it really is.

Quoting JerJas2:

We we're stationed at hood for 6 years and I loved it. My DH not so much though. He was in 1st CAV and they deployed a lot. They have a ton of stuff to do on and off post. They have lots of festivals, concerts, book signings, celebrity appearances and special events for military families. We are now at Richardson and I am bored out of my mind. We've only been here 2 months though so it may take some time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
holland0226
by Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Fort Carson, CO was my favorite!!! So many outdoor things to do, hiking, biking ect... Beautiful views and scenery. You'd have to research the school districts, but generally Colorado is pretty good. It's close to Denver where there are fun things to do also! Not to mention going skiing at Breckenridge and Keystone, our personal favorites!! Good luck with your decision!!

We currently live in Hawaii but the school system is terrible and our daughter goes to private school($$$$), other then that is fabulous!

TessB
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 8:15 PM
I'm in Hawaii and I love it. Ft Hood, Ft Knox, and Ft Dix were ok
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CJTC0911
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Fort Lewis, Wa & Fort Carson, Co are my personal favs!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)