Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Moving into the barracks

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 7:21 PM
  • 19 Replies

Okay, I know there are ladies in here that are service members and those who are loved ones of SMs. The wives and SMs (or vets) are the main ones that I'm asking here.

Scenario: there's a soldier who got in trouble for being drunk on duty. She quickly self referred herself to ASAP and was "saved", meaning no AR15, no reduction in rank. There was another incident after that-not alcohol related. Then yesterday, this soldier was arrested for DUI. 1SG tells her first line supervisor that she needs to move into the barracks. The soldier is married to another SM who is in the same battalion but a different company and she has a son (his stepson). So this is my question, anyone who has ever heard of this-let me know. Since she got the DUI, she can't drive on post. Even though her husband is also in the same bn, can they make her live in the barracks? What about her kid? I guess that's what a FCP is for, though, right? And, I forgot to mention that her and her husband are always having an issue. They fight, like fist fight each other. So if you've heard of something like this,let me know cause I've never heard of this happening before.

by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Yep. I was gonna self referral & my retired friend described that same scenario to me just a couple of weeks ago. They can do it. Idk which Reg says it... prob in AR 27-10 though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on Sep. 17, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Yes, they can make her live in the barracks. They can make her live in the barracks and find her own way to work without driving and all of that good stuff. They can even go so far as to make her walk and not even get to ride in a vehicle. It is actually happening right now to some guy's in my husband's squadron. And it even happened to him not too long ago :/

JennyCaps
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Yes. It was a male Marine years ago. For basically the same reasons you wrote.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tish_Hughes
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 7:42 PM

I am so disappointed in myself right now

usmclife58
by Nikki on Sep. 17, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Why? The scenario is not of you is it?

Quoting Tish_Hughes:

Tish_Hughes
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Quoting usmclife58:

Yes, they can make her live in the barracks. They can make her live in the barracks and find her own way to work without driving and all of that good stuff. They can even go so far as to make her walk and not even get to ride in a vehicle. It is actually happening right now to some guy's in my husband's squadron. And it even happened to him not too long ago :/

Oh! I just never heard of that, especially with her having a small child. Right before COB, her first line sup told her what 1SG said she, of course, was upset about it. Lik "I gotta go stay in the barracks? Really??" And the sad thing is she has a child, moved him here from VA and was E4(p) and now is getting kicked out on a dishonorable. I don't understand people. I even said she could have called me to pick her up, but it was too late for that. What's done is done. There's life after the army but dang, she probably won't even get to use her GI Bill.

Tish_Hughes
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 7:47 PM

LOL, oh Heaven's no. I told folks at work today that I got a bottle of Cupcake Moscato over the weekend and they all called me a liar. I have a child to take care so I have enough sense to know that if I do decide to drink (which isn't often) to do it at home, after 10 p.m. I was disappointed because I recognized that AR but coudn't remember what it was until I Googled it. I should have known what it covered when she posted it. That's all, lol.

Quoting usmclife58:

Quoting Tish_Hughes:

Tish_Hughes
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Quoting mrsary:

Yep. I was gonna self referral & my retired friend described that same scenario to me just a couple of weeks ago. They can do it. Idk which Reg says it... prob in AR 27-10 though.

She saved herself the first time by referring herself to ASAP. But to turn around and end up in jail over the weekend? It was even in the report this morning "1 at Montgomery County". She had a lot of potential, too. If she learned to control her sarcasm. But she's smart, catches on quick. Could have made a good leader. Now her ass will be leading from the house. Oh well.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Sep. 17, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Yeah, it sucks. We have 2 kids and my husband had to go. He had to walk to work - even when it was storming!- and his situation was not even as severe as what this girl did. He was just in charge of a shop that got busted for something, so... You know how that goes.

And she will lose her bene's because of it being a dishonorable. There are some admin sep's that will allow the SM to keep the benefits though.

Quoting Tish_Hughes:

Quoting usmclife58:

Oh! I just never heard of that, especially with her having a small child. Right before COB, her first line sup told her what 1SG said she, of course, was upset about it. Lik "I gotta go stay in the barracks? Really??" And the sad thing is she has a child, moved him here from VA and was E4(p) and now is getting kicked out on a dishonorable. I don't understand people. I even said she could have called me to pick her up, but it was too late for that. What's done is done. There's life after the army but dang, she probably won't even get to use her GI Bill.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Sep. 17, 2012 at 7:52 PM

I didn't think so. I remember you saying something about not understanding people doing that, so I would have been a little shocked if it was you, lol!

Quoting Tish_Hughes:

LOL, oh Heaven's no. I told folks at work today that I got a bottle of Cupcake Moscato over the weekend and they all called me a liar. I have a child to take care so I have enough sense to know that if I do decide to drink (which isn't often) to do it at home, after 10 p.m. I was disappointed because I recognized that AR but coudn't remember what it was until I Googled it. I should have known what it covered when she posted it. That's all, lol.

Quoting usmclife58:

Quoting Tish_Hughes:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)