Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Would punching this Dependasaurus Rex be out of line?

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:37 PM
  • 57 Replies

I just want to check so that if it's wrong I don't do it.

There's a Dependasaurus Rex, that unfortunately I have to deal with because she's always at the school where I volunteer. She's chock full of fun, ignorant, bigoted bullshit, but this comment really took the cake.

She's sitting there, blabbing on about her usual BS when she says 'This isn't the real Marine Corps'

What do you mean?

'Only Infantry are REAL Marines'

*blink blink blink* HUH? 

"if you're not kicking down doors, you're not a real Marine" (side note: Can someone tell me how often Infantry are kicking down doors? What if you're infantry but you never kick down a door? Do they take turns? How does this work? Is that all Infantry does?) 

When told that thinking was ignorant and fucked up, she said "It's my opinion and my husband's opinion and we're right" 

Yeah...okay... does the term Friendly Fire mean anything to you and your husband?

Just to clarify this, her husband did a Lat Move from Infantry to Powerline, so I guess He's a Fake Marine now too. We're on an AIR STATION there are no grunts here. He's also the world's greatest powerline guy EVER, and the greatest Marine ever, and the corps could not function without her precious piece of Man Sausage. He's SUPER important y'all.

Can I punch her in the throat for the comment?  Can I just punch her in the throat next time she's an asshat? I try to bite my tongue, but I'm afraid I'm going to bite it off at some point.

I know I CAN punch her, physically speaking, I mean would it be terribly out of line of me to do it?

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Oddy_Knocky
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:45 PM
2 moms liked this
I would go with the cuntpunt. More effective.

Blah.

Just try to tune her out or tell her she sounds like an idiot.

I met a woman a couple of weeks ago and knew within the first 43 seconds that her husband was a pilot and was so spectacular that he's flown every jet the military has. Snort.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:49 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't want to lose my shoe (or foot/lower leg) in her chasm of terror.

throwing up

Quoting Oddy_Knocky:

Blah.

I met a woman a couple of weeks ago and knew within the first 43 seconds that her husband was a pilot and was so spectacular that he's flown every jet the military has. Snort.

Oddy_Knocky
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Motherfuck. I'm in the library and just snorted. Thanks.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

throwing up

Quoting Oddy_Knocky:

Blah.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Sorry! ;)

Quoting Oddy_Knocky:

Motherfuck. I'm in the library and just snorted. Thanks.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

throwing up

Quoting Oddy_Knocky:

Blah.

beerebelly
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:00 PM
5 moms liked this

Quoting Oddy_Knocky:

Blah.

LOL! That reminds me of the joke my dh says all the time. How do you know someone is a pilot? Just wait, they will tell you!!!

DvlDogWfe
by Stella on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:00 PM

I'd call her out in front of everyone and make her seem more ridiculous that she already sounds. What does she know? Has she been enlisted? She has no place to make judgement. (yes, I would love to kick her too.)

kadensmomma0708
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Punching a dependa is always acceptable, no need to ask, just do it. :)

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:41 PM
Where are these women coming from? Honestly, outside of cm, I've never met that brand of stupid.

Caveat: I believe they exist; I just don't encounter them irl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kadensmomma0708
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:49 PM

I thought all the stories were lies until I encountered one of them at the commisarry.  I was getting a few items, and waiting in line, with my son who was like 4 months old.  A "lady" comes up behind me, and tells me that im going to move out of her way bc her husband is staff sgt so and so with 173rd and hes more important than my husband and his needs...I was shocked.  I mean ive read about this shit happening on OSMW on FB, but I never EVER thought I would be on the other end.  Well I told her, idgf who your husband is, Post CMDR, Jesus, Obama, she wasnt skipping me, BTW self check out was empty, but she was probably too dumb to figure that out,  Anyway, she then called her very important husband who was on CQ, and told him to tell me to move.  She gave me the phone, her husband apologized for her, said she was embarassing, and not to move.  He then asked me to put her back on the phone, and they proceeded to argue.  BUT, she followed me outside, and told me she was going to get me into trouble for disrepecting HER rank. lol

Quoting 4ever-SJ:

Where are these women coming from? Honestly, outside of cm, I've never met that brand of stupid.

edelweiss23
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Omg, does shut like this really happen???

Quoting kadensmomma0708:

I thought all the stories were lies until I encountered one of them at the commisarry.  I was getting a few items, and waiting in line, with my son who was like 4 months old.  A "lady" comes up behind me, and tells me that im going to move out of her way bc her husband is staff sgt so and so with 173rd and hes more important than my husband and his needs...I was shocked.  I mean ive read about this shit happening on OSMW on FB, but I never EVER thought I would be on the other end.  Well I told her, idgf who your husband is, Post CMDR, Jesus, Obama, she wasnt skipping me, BTW self check out was empty, but she was probably too dumb to figure that out,  Anyway, she then called her very important husband who was on CQ, and told him to tell me to move.  She gave me the phone, her husband apologized for her, said she was embarassing, and not to move.  He then asked me to put her back on the phone, and they proceeded to argue.  BUT, she followed me outside, and told me she was going to get me into trouble for disrepecting HER rank. lol

Quoting 4ever-SJ:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN