Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Would punching this Dependasaurus Rex be out of line?

Posted by   + Show Post

I just want to check so that if it's wrong I don't do it.

There's a Dependasaurus Rex, that unfortunately I have to deal with because she's always at the school where I volunteer. She's chock full of fun, ignorant, bigoted bullshit, but this comment really took the cake.

She's sitting there, blabbing on about her usual BS when she says 'This isn't the real Marine Corps'

What do you mean?

'Only Infantry are REAL Marines'

*blink blink blink* HUH? 

"if you're not kicking down doors, you're not a real Marine" (side note: Can someone tell me how often Infantry are kicking down doors? What if you're infantry but you never kick down a door? Do they take turns? How does this work? Is that all Infantry does?) 

When told that thinking was ignorant and fucked up, she said "It's my opinion and my husband's opinion and we're right" 

Yeah...okay... does the term Friendly Fire mean anything to you and your husband?

Just to clarify this, her husband did a Lat Move from Infantry to Powerline, so I guess He's a Fake Marine now too. We're on an AIR STATION there are no grunts here. He's also the world's greatest powerline guy EVER, and the greatest Marine ever, and the corps could not function without her precious piece of Man Sausage. He's SUPER important y'all.

Can I punch her in the throat for the comment?  Can I just punch her in the throat next time she's an asshat? I try to bite my tongue, but I'm afraid I'm going to bite it off at some point.

I know I CAN punch her, physically speaking, I mean would it be terribly out of line of me to do it?

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Replies (51-57):
adoptivemomof1
by Mel on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:54 PM

I would but I come from a very aggressive people...oh, wait nevermind, that should be passive aggressive so if I stayed true to my peeps I'd be gracious to her and then plot my revenge but never actually do anything that's the Canuck way, dontcha know, eh? ;p

afkitty
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:48 AM

2  words.  Taco punch.  LOL!

afkitty
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Quoting jas_momof2:

Should have told her that no one goes anywhere on the ground without the eyes in the sky...  And I'm not talking fighters...

Quoting DMartin21:

A lot of people seem to have that attitude in general when it comes to who is a "real" soldier in any branch. A USMC wife tried to downplay my husband because he is in the AF, she said something along the lines of does he even count in the military. That was very offensive considering my husband is a SSGT and has been in for ten years and has been on numerous deployments while her husband hasn't even came out of tech school! I have respect for all branches because I have family and friends in each one. She as well as some others don't realize not every Marine is out being Rambo and kicking down doors, and that every soldier has a part to play in making the whole operation work.

Seems like the only ones who talk shit are dependents and kids just out of tech school.  Everyone else knows that we all bring something to the fight and are all on the same team.

buttercup627
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Hmm she sounds a little oblivious lol. I probably would've laughed in her face and asked her when HER last deployment was. Honestly don't bother yourself with stupid people, they need to say this stuff to make them feel better about themselves and their situation. (maybe give her a cookie??)

The majority of MOSes in the Marine Corps are support roles anyway. I'd like to see how high and mighty Infantry Marines are when ADMN messes up their pay or Supply won't help them because they lost their gear. There is no one better then the other we all have our jobs that keep things moving smoothly

buttercup627
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Next time anyone pulls "rank" let them know that highers are supposed to take care of their junior enlisted and put them ahead of themselves. That's why E1s eat first, then E2s, then E3 cont. Also let the crazies know that it's not their rank it's their husbands. I'm glad he apologized I'd be pretty embarrassed if I was a SSgt and my wife had a bitch fit.

Quoting kadensmomma0708:

I thought all the stories were lies until I encountered one of them at the commisarry.  I was getting a few items, and waiting in line, with my son who was like 4 months old.  A "lady" comes up behind me, and tells me that im going to move out of her way bc her husband is staff sgt so and so with 173rd and hes more important than my husband and his needs...I was shocked.  I mean ive read about this shit happening on OSMW on FB, but I never EVER thought I would be on the other end.  Well I told her, idgf who your husband is, Post CMDR, Jesus, Obama, she wasnt skipping me, BTW self check out was empty, but she was probably too dumb to figure that out,  Anyway, she then called her very important husband who was on CQ, and told him to tell me to move.  She gave me the phone, her husband apologized for her, said she was embarassing, and not to move.  He then asked me to put her back on the phone, and they proceeded to argue.  BUT, she followed me outside, and told me she was going to get me into trouble for disrepecting HER rank. lol

Quoting 4ever-SJ:

Where are these women coming from? Honestly, outside of cm, I've never met that brand of stupid.

Caveat: I believe they exist; I just don't encounter them irl.

daijobu
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Quoting kadensmomma0708:

I thought all the stories were lies until I encountered one of them at the commisarry.  I was getting a few items, and waiting in line, with my son who was like 4 months old.  A "lady" comes up behind me, and tells me that im going to move out of her way bc her husband is staff sgt so and so with 173rd and hes more important than my husband and his needs...I was shocked.  I mean ive read about this shit happening on OSMW on FB, but I never EVER thought I would be on the other end.  Well I told her, idgf who your husband is, Post CMDR, Jesus, Obama, she wasnt skipping me, BTW self check out was empty, but she was probably too dumb to figure that out,  Anyway, she then called her very important husband who was on CQ, and told him to tell me to move.  She gave me the phone, her husband apologized for her, said she was embarassing, and not to move.  He then asked me to put her back on the phone, and they proceeded to argue.  BUT, she followed me outside, and told me she was going to get me into trouble for disrepecting HER rank. lol

lol!  Her rank... to say the least.  Pathetic.  I absolutely HATE wives who wear their husband's rank.  So insecure. 

daijobu
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Quoting sailorwifenmom:

I have to admit, I did pull out my dh's rank once while in a disagreement with 2 other spouses, but I still stick with what I said.

We were all volunteering at our kids' school, working on the Spring Carnival. I was the chair for it, so I got the "honor" of dealing with these two. They wanted a bunch of stuff that was seriously impossible and just not going to happen (one thing they wanted would have used well over - like THOUSANDS over our budget just fir that one thing - a huge bounce house rental that, since it was at school, the District required us to also purchase a crazy amount of insurance if we did this.)

After dealing with them for weeks with this, they informed me that "they were officer's ladies and I needed to do what they said." I then informed them that "they might be officer's ladies, but I'm a Chief's old lady, and they could kiss my ass!"

They weren't happy, but they dropped it...

(Btw - I know mot all, or even the majority, of officer spouses do this. Itwas these taking particular I didn't like.)

You go girl!  It's not wearing his rank, it's putting it in terms they could understand. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)