Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families
What is gangnam style?!??? We are watching this video and I don't know what to think. I'm just so... speechless...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 2:10 AM
Replies (11-18):
shanna_hi
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Gangnam Style has been popular amongst the gamer crowd for a few months before it got popular. It's going to be the equivalent to the Macarena. It's fun, catchy, and pretty easy. The spoofs are pretty funny too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Sep. 23, 2012 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this
We used to go to the navel academy every weekend! I love Annapolis, I'll have to look it up after the game, that should be hilarious! I used to like to watch the rowing team practice:0

Quoting Pugsmuggler:

I love it lol. Look up the Naval Academy one hehe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pittawadda
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:01 PM
It's a district in Korea known for style and that's the goofiness of the song too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LADY_V088
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Haha i love gangnam style! I do the dance! Lol it's fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jkohler
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:41 PM

lol, my husband just showed me the YouTube video of it on Friday.  Now I've heard the song on the radio 3+ times this weekend.  Weird.  (And we are that dumb couple that starts dancing like idiots when it comes on!)  

ArmyMechsWife
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Love that song...He's a huge star here in South Korea, I can't believe how big it's gotten in the states.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daijobu
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:31 PM

My son showed me the video a while ago and the Naval Academy version a few days ago. 

It's unsettling and funny at the same time.  Kinda like a train wreck with a clown...

salamandersmom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I know that the singer is Korean.  And, I heard - or at least I  think I heard that  its supposed to make fun of the new ruler in North Korea... what's his name?  Kim jung un?  Or something like that.  It's supposed to be very funny...  And, well... I'm a white girl.  And I don't speak any Asian languages... I think the music is catchy.  But if it really is humorous, it would probably be more hilarious if I could speak Korean...  :o) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN