Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

His duty station is....

Posted by   + Show Post

Cherry Point! Hooray!

He got the headquaters unit (did I type that correctly?). Anything I should know?

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Replies (41-50):
missinghim5
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 6:12 AM
What's the weather like? I have a four month old boy and were coming from Florida so our wardrobes are all for hot weather. Lol I started buying us warmer clothes guess an umbrella would be a neccessity lol

Quoting cocoroo:

I love it here, but mild is not how I would describe the weather.

Quoting missinghim5:

Dh has his orders for fort lewis, Washington! Should be interesting. Were beach bums but ready for the change into milder weather :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ac10
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Go away, troll!

Quoting alycia_angell:

HOW DO I FIND A MILITARY MEN, HUSBAND I WANT ONE SO BAD, UGH...

SusanD
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:45 AM
What the fuuuuuuuuuuck.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cocoroo
by Coco on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:36 AM
We make fun of people who use umbrellas here, j/k. The locals do, but I'm not quite local yet. We can have very beautiful, mild summers for the most part. But, winters can be cold, the moisture goes right through you. You are right for buying warmer clothes, you will definitely need them. You might want to get a pair of rainboots also. Summer is usually about 1-2 months long and the rainy season is the rest of the year. This summer has been long, for here. I don't think we have had any significant rainfall in about 2 months which isn't normal. I love it here. It is beautiful, I just never heard anyone refer to it as 'mild'.

Quoting missinghim5:

What's the weather like? I have a four month old boy and were coming from Florida so our wardrobes are all for hot weather. Lol I started buying us warmer clothes guess an umbrella would be a neccessity lol

Quoting cocoroo:

I love it here, but mild is not how I would describe the weather.

Quoting missinghim5:

Dh has his orders for fort lewis, Washington! Should be interesting. Were beach bums but ready for the change into milder weather :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
denise3680
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:40 AM

we just got stationed in NC.  Cary to be exact:)  So far we love it, but it is getting alittle cold here, but then again I am not used to weather going below 75 degrees:) 

Dnicko76
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:03 AM

We just left there. My DH just retired in July. He was 1SG of the WTU. We were there for 5 years. Sucks is an understatment. But now we are in WI. My DH now works for the 88th Regional Support Command in the Yellow Ribbon Reintregration Program. I thought Sill was boring. You should see it here, this town has less than 10k people in it. But I really like it. 

Now I do miss my childrens school. They went to Cache. They miss it so bad. It has been hard but things are getting better. My DD is getting more involved making new friends. She didnt want to at first. She felt like she was betraying her old friends. I told her that she would make new friends and that when you graduate high school that all your friends do not go to the same college and that all your friends dont work at the same place when you are an adult. She hadnt looked at it that way before. She's 10 BTW.Now DS, 6 makes friends wherever he goes..

HisFunnyGrl
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 11:54 AM
My husbands report date isn't until January, but we are hoping to be up there before Christmas. However we are finding out that housing sucks and everything off post is ubber expensive. . And with baby#4 on the way the sooner we get settled the better it will be! We have been looking in Lacy and Tacoma. .

Quoting missinghim5:

When r you guys headed up there? We will b there before thanksgiving. We opted to live off base. Looking in the lacey/Olympia area

Quoting HisFunnyGrl:

My husband just got orders to Lewis as well! I was so over the moon until the whole housing issue. . Now I am not as happy, but just glad we are no longer at Bragg. . .

Quoting missinghim5:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisFunnyGrl
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 11:58 AM
In NC we had a 4 bedroom 2.5 bath on post. . Nice house. . Called housing in WA and we only get a 3. . We lose about 1,000 sqft and we are gonna be a family of 6 come May. . Everything off post is super expensive and I don't wanna be paying out of pocket to the point we are broke. . . Its just annoying LOL

Quoting cocoroo:

Housing issue? We have always rented and now bought off post with no issues.

Quoting HisFunnyGrl:

My husband just got orders to Lewis as well! I was so over the moon until the whole housing issue. . Now I am not as happy, but just glad we are no longer at Bragg. . .

Quoting missinghim5:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZanGabeAllysMom
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Awesome!! I'm from NC! I hope you love it!! 

Quoting ac10:

It's in NC. I am happy! Lol. So ready to live with him again. Thanks! :)

Quoting Peaceful.chaos:

I'm not familiar. Where is it? You appear happy so Congrats!

cocoroo
by Coco on Sep. 30, 2012 at 10:38 PM
The first time we lived here, my dh was an E5 and we have four children. We were able to rent a nice, 3 bdrm house in a nice area, but it did take most of our BAH. BAH should cover an okay house. You just have to remember the COL here is a lot higher than NC. It was bit of a shock when we got here from SC, but we got used to it. I think you might get more house off post than on.
Quoting HisFunnyGrl:

In NC we had a 4 bedroom 2.5 bath on post. . Nice house. . Called housing in WA and we only get a 3. . We lose about 1,000 sqft and we are gonna be a family of 6 come May. . Everything off post is super expensive and I don't wanna be paying out of pocket to the point we are broke. . . Its just annoying LOL

Quoting cocoroo:

Housing issue? We have always rented and now bought off post with no issues.

Quoting HisFunnyGrl:

Quoting missinghim5:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN