Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

His duty station is....

Posted by   + Show Post

Cherry Point! Hooray!

He got the headquaters unit (did I type that correctly?). Anything I should know?

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Replies (51-54):
fmchavez
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:15 PM
2 moms liked this

You have to fill out an adoption form first, mail that along with full body pictures and $400 to a PX. 

It's super hard to get picked though, just a warning. There might be someone who sends in skankier pictures than you and she will get bumped up the list ahead of you even if you applied months before her. 

Good luck! 

Quoting alycia_angell:

HOW DO I FIND A MILITARY MEN, HUSBAND I WANT ONE SO BAD, UGH...

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

usmclife58
by Nikki on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I was looking at rental homes and doing job searches the other day. I want to be there so bad :'(

Quoting cocoroo:

We make fun of people who use umbrellas here, j/k. The locals do, but I'm not quite local yet. We can have very beautiful, mild summers for the most part. But, winters can be cold, the moisture goes right through you. You are right for buying warmer clothes, you will definitely need them. You might want to get a pair of rainboots also. Summer is usually about 1-2 months long and the rainy season is the rest of the year. This summer has been long, for here. I don't think we have had any significant rainfall in about 2 months which isn't normal. I love it here. It is beautiful, I just never heard anyone refer to it as 'mild'.

Quoting missinghim5:

What's the weather like? I have a four month old boy and were coming from Florida so our wardrobes are all for hot weather. Lol I started buying us warmer clothes guess an umbrella would be a neccessity lol

Quoting cocoroo:

I love it here, but mild is not how I would describe the weather.

Quoting missinghim5:

Dh has his orders for fort lewis, Washington! Should be interesting. Were beach bums but ready for the change into milder weather :)

ac10
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:57 PM

What housing area do you recommend for a family of 4, enlisted?

Quoting usmclife58:

I was looking at rental homes and doing job searches the other day. I want to be there so bad :'(

Quoting cocoroo:

We make fun of people who use umbrellas here, j/k. The locals do, but I'm not quite local yet. We can have very beautiful, mild summers for the most part. But, winters can be cold, the moisture goes right through you. You are right for buying warmer clothes, you will definitely need them. You might want to get a pair of rainboots also. Summer is usually about 1-2 months long and the rainy season is the rest of the year. This summer has been long, for here. I don't think we have had any significant rainfall in about 2 months which isn't normal. I love it here. It is beautiful, I just never heard anyone refer to it as 'mild'.

Quoting missinghim5:

What's the weather like? I have a four month old boy and were coming from Florida so our wardrobes are all for hot weather. Lol I started buying us warmer clothes guess an umbrella would be a neccessity lol

Quoting cocoroo:

Quoting missinghim5:

Dh has his orders for fort lewis, Washington! Should be interesting. Were beach bums but ready for the change into milder weather :)

usmclife58
by Nikki on Oct. 1, 2012 at 3:07 PM

We do not live in base housing. I think there are only a couple of options available without waiting (Slocum and old Nugent Cove maybe?) There are some newer homes, but the waiting list is I think pretty long.
Off base, Southern Terrace is wonderful. We lived there when we first moved there. Also, Westbrooke (where we live now) is also amazing.

Quoting ac10:

What housing area do you recommend for a family of 4, enlisted?

Quoting usmclife58:

Quoting cocoroo:

Quoting missinghim5:

Quoting cocoroo:

Quoting missinghim5:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)