Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

wow, decision by thursday!!

Posted by   + Show Post

so my huby has to decide by thursday if he is going to reinlist or not. If he does we will go to ft. riley, if he doesnt we will go to MO for him to train to be a police officer. no matter what im 100% behind his decision but he wants me to make it for him!!! he hate being in the army and wants out, but we are so in debt and backed up on so many bills hes considering staying in. On the other hand he really wants to go to MO and be a cop. he wouldnt make as much money but he would be happier, hes been doing this for about ten years and i dont htnk he can take much more of it here. i think if we were to be stationed anywhere but ft. bliss he might be happier. but i dont want to take the chance at him being miserable anymore. i love my husband and will do anything for him but i refuse to make this decision for him. not sure what to tell him tonight......sorry more of a vent

by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 3:50 PM
Replies (11-20):
cocoroo
by Coco on Sep. 25, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Duh, that is why the military pays the spouses $1600/month.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Wait a sec...  He wants you to decide his career path for him??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Sep. 25, 2012 at 6:25 PM

OMG I just choked. LMFAO!

Quoting cocoroo:

Quoting jas_momof2:

I'm not drunk - I'm from Wisconsin!

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Sep. 25, 2012 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm owed a shit ton of back pay then...

Quoting cocoroo:

Quoting jas_momof2:

cocoroo
by Coco on Sep. 25, 2012 at 6:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Me too. In the meantime, I will just take it from my dh's paycheck.

Quoting jas_momof2:

I'm owed a shit ton of back pay then...

Quoting cocoroo:

Quoting jas_momof2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dnicko76
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Hi there. I am new but I thought that I would just give you my 2 cents... After my DH retired I made a promise to myself that I would try to educate Spouses and Military Members. 

Yes being at a post that you do not like is never any fun. It can make the days go by long. But seeing the job market the way that it is, I would personally tell your DH to stay in.. He only has 10 more years to retire. My DH just retired in July and now has a job with the 88th RSC. I am thankful for the "extra" paycheck that we get. Also we are waiting for his rating to come back from the VA. Also, look at the medical insurance. Sure after you retire you have to pay but the amount is minimal compared to insurance you may get with a new employer/career. 

So you said that if he chooses to re-inlist then you would be going to Ft. Riley, is that right? You never know he might love it up there. 

So a guaranteed paycheck or a Police salary??? Again I would stay in. My DH is 46 and in 10 years he will be able to retire from the DOD as well. 

My DH said that the first 10 dragged on for him but the last 10 flew. 

afwifey4510
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 11:53 AM
We'll damn, finance screwed up again. I should go directly to the commander and complain directly to him about not getting paid right?

Quoting cocoroo:

Quoting jas_momof2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loving2live
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:00 PM
We just reenlisted because the promotion oppertunities are way better than police pay, plus it covers healthcare. Plus after talking with friends, he realized that cops deal with even worse hours and stupidity than he is now.

An E-7 at our post with 12 years service makes almost $70k (before Federal taxes). Plus dental, medical, and free activities on base... Most policemen aren't going to see that in the same time frame.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelissaMaye
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:14 PM
You cannot make that decision for him. It needs to be either him making it, or a mutual decision. That way, he cant (not saying he will, but its possible) harbor any ill feelings towards you if he ends up hating the decision. That's what I told my husband. Of course, mine has nothing lined up for after the military, so he'll probably reenlist. Lol.
tabithalenora
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 3:27 PM

well im talkign to him about it tonight and taking aot of your advice!! thank you all so much!! im going to make it a mutual decision for both of us. whatever he decieds im behind him no matter what!

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:04 PM

No e-7 with 12 years makes that...  Pay isn't related to the job (with some exceptions)...  A supply guy makes the same as a mechanic, the same as an office clerk screwing your pay up... 

Quoting loving2live:

We just reenlisted because the promotion oppertunities are way better than police pay, plus it covers healthcare. Plus after talking with friends, he realized that cops deal with even worse hours and stupidity than he is now.

An E-7 at our post with 12 years service makes almost $70k (before Federal taxes). Plus dental, medical, and free activities on base... Most policemen aren't going to see that in the same time frame.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN