Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

The commissary and pay day No groceries in our house today

Posted by   + Show Post

Sent DH to the commissary today with a nice size list.  He just called and said there wasn't a parking space to be had. Not sure what we were thinking sending him today. Guess we'll push through until next Tuesday.

by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Replies (21-30):
violinjewel
by Julia on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Lol!

Quoting Pugsmuggler:

It's payday and a case lot sale here. I would rather eat the lawn clipping than go within a mile of the commissary.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carolina_gal
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Ooh, a double whammy.

Quoting Pugsmuggler:

It's payday and a case lot sale here. I would rather eat the lawn clipping than go within a mile of the commissary.

JennyCaps
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I always try to go the day before in hopes that it is well stocked and dead lol. Unfortunately my starter went in my car so I wasn't able to go yesterday :/ Our case lot sale starts the beginning of next week so I may have to brave it this weekend and hope it's not too bad *sigh*

CountryStrong84
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:16 PM
I refuse to go any where on pay day. We always get paid a couple days early, so sometimes I'll go on the 12th or thirteenth, but never on the first or fifteenth
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pugsmuggler
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:33 PM
2 moms liked this
True story, last time there was a case lot sale, I was nearly shanked over a jumbo pack of Charmin Ultra Soft.

Quoting carolina_gal:

Ooh, a double whammy.

Quoting Pugsmuggler:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carolina_gal
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:52 PM
2 moms liked this

Trust me, I would not doubt your story on this one.  Totally believable.

It is squeezably soft ya know.

Quoting Pugsmuggler:

True story, last time there was a case lot sale, I was nearly shanked over a jumbo pack of Charmin Ultra Soft.

Quoting carolina_gal:

Ooh, a double whammy.

Quoting Pugsmuggler:

twinkersmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 1:09 PM

I have some things in our house. But my kids are like "I don't want that". I don't shop on payday or close to it. I have a hard time just getting around in the commonsary as it is with the little old ladies with their oxygen tanks and the visiting they do with each other. I'm not picking on them and just say excuse me. I try to look at the local ads but sometimes running all over town is not worth it to me. Have learned some tips from Extreme Couponers but we can't buy in bulk.

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 1:20 PM
2 moms liked this
I would drink my own piss before going to the commissary on payday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DvlDogWfe
by Stella on Sep. 28, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I just got home from grocery shopping myself. I also will not step foot in a commissary on payday/weekend. I use coupons and have a store ;points card at a local store here in town that I would rather go to if needed.

m.smitty.xo
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Well it is sterile until it hits an unclean surface....

Quoting 4ever-SJ:

I would drink my own piss before going to the commissary on payday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)