Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

I'm unsure what to do.

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:37 PM
  • 7 Replies
Usually I like to be involved with the frg. Right now though, dh's unit is gearing up for deployment and he's on rear d. Not only that but he's actually been assigned a semi- permanent detail completely away from squadron. So, do I get involved with the frg knowing that he isn't involved with his unit for the next 9-12 months or do I back off? There is a meeting tonight but no one has contacted me or invited me. What would you do? And please no frg bashing. I've had awesome experiences until now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Apollos82
by Cassie on Oct. 2, 2012 at 2:00 PM
I guess it depends on what kind of time commitment you're willing to make... I, personally, wouldn't, but I am pretty much wanting to lay low these days.

If it's something you enjoy doing, you should just do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on Oct. 2, 2012 at 2:05 PM

It all depends on whether or not you want to be involved in "something". I like being involved, so I would do it.

Aqua_Jen
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 2:10 PM
I like being involved. Dh isn't real happy right now so he's not very supportive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Oct. 2, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Has he been rear d before? He's about to become more involved with his unit than he ever wanted to be! LOL 

Aqua_Jen
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 2:33 PM
He's never been rear d. But hes been pulled completely from his unit. He is working with contractors on post now. Like, he doesn't even go to pt or to his nco's for his schedule anymore.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Has he been rear d before? He's about to become more involved with his unit than he ever wanted to be! LOL 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Oct. 2, 2012 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, I see. That is completely different from my DH's rear det experience. Still, don't let that stop you from being involved in something you enjoy! :-)

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

He's never been rear d. But hes been pulled completely from his unit. He is working with contractors on post now. Like, he doesn't even go to pt or to his nco's for his schedule anymore.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Aqua_Jen
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Yeah, if he was actually with rear d it would be different. He wants to deploy but because of dwell time they won't even consider it. It's just a very odd and frustrating situation all around.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Oh, I see. That is completely different from my DH's rear det experience. Still, don't let that stop you from being involved in something you enjoy! :-)

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)