Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Since You've Been Gone!

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:23 PM
  • 15 Replies

I can't breathe!- 

Oh wait yes I can. Lol 

But while DH has been gone these two weeks (gone for a month for Deployment Training in California) I have noticed I am very much less motivated to clean, cook, and especially laundry. And I care less of what I look like... I dont feel guilty wearing my PJ's all day. :)

Mind you my house isnt a wreck AT ALL, just a little messy. I just dont like cooking myself food that sits in the fridge and goes bad... 

Hopefully tonight I can get those two baskets of laundry put away after Joey goes to bed. :)

So, when you're Dh/So is gone, are you less motivated to clean cook etc?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
m.smitty.xo
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Yes, I especially hate cooking for two people. The kitchen is usually a disaster area when hubs is gone, but everything else is usually clean! I'm totally getting a maid to come in once a month to clean my house the next time hubs leaves.

Byrd15
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Hahahah I hate HATE cooking for 1 person. Joey doesnt eat much other than hot dogs and mac n cheese... He doesnt have a lot of teeth. :( Lol but I get what you mean!

Quoting m.smitty.xo:

Yes, I especially hate cooking for two people. The kitchen is usually a disaster area when hubs is gone, but everything else is usually clean! I'm totally getting a maid to come in once a month to clean my house the next time hubs leaves.

outtamymynd
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:33 PM
It's usually just cooking for me. Thankfully my 16 y/o loves to cook, and the bonus is that she's really good at it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Byrd15
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Thats so awsome!

I feel like a teacher... Living off pizza, and easy 1 person 1 meal foods. :)

Quoting outtamymynd:

It's usually just cooking for me. Thankfully my 16 y/o loves to cook, and the bonus is that she's really good at it!

m.smitty.xo
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

haha. My daughter ends up eating a lot of PB&J, cereal or chicken nuggets for dinner when he's gone. It's so much easier to feed them when they're little!

Quoting Byrd15:

Hahahah I hate HATE cooking for 1 person. Joey doesnt eat much other than hot dogs and mac n cheese... He doesnt have a lot of teeth. :( Lol but I get what you mean!

Quoting m.smitty.xo:

violinjewel
by Julia on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:36 PM
It's usually cooking. I hate cooking for myself, but as the kids are getting older, it's gotten easier because they eat more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:37 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm scarcely motivated when he's around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Byrd15
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Yeah! Joey is taking his sweet time with his molars... And the rest of his teeth for that matter... :( I can't wait for the kids to be able to eat what I eat. (Well he does just not a lot of it LOL)

Quoting violinjewel:

It's usually cooking. I hate cooking for myself, but as the kids are getting older, it's gotten easier because they eat more.

Byrd15
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Its weird, when hes around I feel more obligated as a wife and a mom to keep his home clean, and his dinner cooked etc. :) When he's gone, no one comes into my house so I let it get messier. I let my floors be un swept and mopped for a few more days and vaccum less... 

Quoting 4ever-SJ:

I'm scarcely motivated when he's around.

prdmomnarmywife
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol I wasn't as motivated either . Dh now works swings and I hate cooking full meals for just me and ds . Granted he eats when he comes home but then it's cold and gross warmed up so to me it seems pointless lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)