Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Since You've Been Gone!

Posted by   + Show Post

I can't breathe!- 

Oh wait yes I can. Lol 

But while DH has been gone these two weeks (gone for a month for Deployment Training in California) I have noticed I am very much less motivated to clean, cook, and especially laundry. And I care less of what I look like... I dont feel guilty wearing my PJ's all day. :)

Mind you my house isnt a wreck AT ALL, just a little messy. I just dont like cooking myself food that sits in the fridge and goes bad... 

Hopefully tonight I can get those two baskets of laundry put away after Joey goes to bed. :)

So, when you're Dh/So is gone, are you less motivated to clean cook etc?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:23 PM
Replies (11-15):
Byrd15
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Glad I'm not lazy/crazy!!!

Quoting prdmomnarmywife:

Lol I wasn't as motivated either . Dh now works swings and I hate cooking full meals for just me and ds . Granted he eats when he comes home but then it's cold and gross warmed up so to me it seems pointless lol

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

meghanf0xx
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband is actually the one who does the cooking. i like cereal mostly and ramen noodles. hahah so that is what i have been eating. and my house has been spotless since he's been gone. he tends to open something up and leave it there but i'd rather have him home and have our messy slighty messy than not have him here. 

and i know the noodles are bad for me, thats why i don't usually eat them to often but when you're kind of broke and it's only you... might as well! (: 

gabbysmommy28
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Omg I do more when he is gone! My hhouse cleaner bc I don't have to pick up and clean for another person and I think I try to stay totally busy so everything gets done right when it needs to! When he is home the laundry goes to hell and I can never keep my kitchen clean :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I have five children, so I cook massive meals with or without him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
afwifey4510
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:15 AM
I usually clean like crazy the first day he's gone and the day before he comes back...other than that minimal cleaning and I live off sandwiches.

Plus side though dd goes to bed way earlier and easier when he's away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)