Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

I'm going to miss this.

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:12 PM
  • 1 Replies
We have lived here in SC for almost 2 years now, we moved here in Nov 2010 two days before Thanksgiving when I was 7mts pregnant with our 2nd child. We had previously lived in 29 Palms, CA for 3 years but we had never lived on base. This time we didn't have much of a choice. I'm so glad we did. We have a very close knit group of friends who are more like family than our own actual family! At any given time we have at least 3 other couples and 3 extra children running around. We do "family" dinners where we take turns cooking. Tonight was our night we made blackened chicken alfredo. We spend weekends together letting the kids play and drinking some beer or wine.

In May that will cease. Marc's time in the military is coming to a close and we will be getting out and moving back home to Texas. I will miss having our friends here all the time. I know this is a normal part of this lifestyle but it's still sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:04 AM

All good things and all that...  If military taught me anything, it would be to enjoy the here and now.  If you were not moving, one of them would. 

It is sad, but it doesn't mean you're going to fall off the face of the Earth.  You can still communicate and visit...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)