Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Care to share?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:43 AM
  • 15 Replies

What is the best way to communicate with your DH especially when his deployed?I  hardly talk to mine and his going to be deployed soon for 6months and i don't know how that's going to work,don't you fear that he may stop missing you?And how often do you send a text message?Cause i send like 2 if not three a day,is it too much?I just dont want to loose communication with him but at the same time i feel i need to be doing more or i tend to not know how to communicate with him given his job and all.And is it okay to sometimes just not say anything to him and focus on you so he can miss you too?

I'm confused, not used to this long distance stuff.Its really not easy as i thought it would be.

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:52 AM
Husbands last deployment it was mostly random phone calls when they hit ports... Sometimes Skype if lucky... FB messages and emails to his official email. When he is stateside... I really don't text him during the day unless its an emergency or sharing info with him. He usually calls while he is at work to see how I'm feeling and doing. We talk when he gets home about our days etc. Every family and relationship communicates and works differently.... Have you discussed this with him if it bothers you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BevLuc
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Husbands last deployment it was mostly random phone calls when they hit ports... Sometimes Skype if lucky... FB messages and emails to his official email. When he is stateside... I really don't text him during the day unless its an emergency or sharing info with him. He usually calls while he is at work to see how I'm feeling and doing. We talk when he gets home about our days etc. Every family and relationship communicates and works differently.... Have you discussed this with him if it bothers you?

I Have spoken with him,we had issues and we sorted things out.I Just dont want things to go back to the way they were,i need to keep the spark going and strong.

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:15 AM

We would do a lot of yahoo chat on messenger. We would also do video chat there, my computer doesn't like skype but that works too. My husband didn't have his cell phone because we didn't want to pay those charges, so we wern't able to text. Although with Verizon my husband was able to go on yahoo messenger and text my phone from it. I liked that so I could hear from him while shopping!

Pugsmuggler
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:38 AM
Communication is non existent for us, the joys of the big metal tube :P
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diamond8
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

we used .."whats up" app we texted every day....he downloaded it on his ipod. it was great. we used skype too. hope this helps.

ps. a simple 'i love you and miss u" goes a long way.

BevLuc
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Quoting diamond8:

we used .."whats up" app we texted every day....he downloaded it on his ipod. it was great. we used skype too. hope this helps.

ps. a simple 'i love you and miss u" goes a long way.

I send me texts almost everyday telling him i love him and miss him like crazy,we also WhatsApp when his got time.I even came up with this idea of sending him at-least 5questions about trying to get to know him even better don't know if it'S going work though.I'm hoping it does,that way il learn new things about him everyday.

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:09 AM

text messaging? lol... yeah, how many caves can that reach?

sat phones were the best for us.

adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Wtf? You are beaming into my cave right now.

Quoting 4ever-SJ:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asaffell
by Ashley on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Email and sat phones were the only things that worked for us. His internet was terrible, so Skype was pointless.

meghanf0xx
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:52 PM

what kind of sattelite phone do you guys use? and how exactly does it work? (i mean like do you use a certain provider etc, i get the concept of the phone) I never even thought of that idea until i saw you post it. 

Quoting 4ever-SJ:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN