Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

What is a page 2?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:31 PM
  • 5 Replies

After I signed up for Tricare, the lady asked me if my dh updated his page 2. I told her I didnt know and I would have to call him that night. Is it something needed in order to have Tricare? Or is it needed to show he is married or something? Thanks!

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sailorwifenmom
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
A page 2 is basically the page in their service record that officially lists who their dependents are - spouse, kids, etc. It also has their emergency data - who is their next of kin, who gets the death gratuity (which is separate from the insurance that's a different page...)

The info on this is verified by the military as the service member adds / updates it (like to add a spouse, they could want a marriage certificate, have a kid, they look at the birth certificate, that sort if thing).

Your tricare eligiblitiy is verified by them checking if you are in DEERS (which is the DoD wide database of all the dependents and military members). Your enrollment in DEERS is dependent on you being on his page 2.

So - basically this boils down to if you aren't on his page 2, for all intents and purposes, you aren't official, and if you aren't official, you can't have tricare.

It's VERY important that Service Members review their page 2 every so often to make sure something hasn't been dropped or added that shouldn't have been, or the wrong info entered.

That's why she was asking :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Rylin
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Thank you!

sailorwifenmom
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump for Apollo82. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by Cassie on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:56 PM
Thanks!

Is this the same as a "red sheet"? Hubby said "Oh, my red sheet!" What I asked him about it.

Quoting sailorwifenmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sailorwifenmom
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:12 PM
I don't know - I've never heard the term red sheet - sorry!

Quoting Apollos82:

Thanks!

Is this the same as a "red sheet"? Hubby said "Oh, my red sheet!" What I asked him about it.

Quoting sailorwifenmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)