Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Only child

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:06 PM
  • 6 Replies

How do you deal with not knowing. I am a very proud mother. But i can only pray that things go well.american flag ribbon

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Not knowing what? 

violinjewel
by Julia on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Not know what exactly? Very vague.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mother8231967
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM

What lies ahead for our sons and daughters. I think i see so much negativity that it is hard to think good thing do come out of their carer paths. how many children do you have that serv for our military?

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

It's no different for children who don't serve in the military. As mothers, we worry, just as our parents did for us, I'm sure. 

sailorwifenmom
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:54 PM
I served, my husband has spent 22 years serving and is still on Active Duty, and our son is also serving in the military (one year tomorrow).

Our daughter is in college, in the same town where that boy killed himself at his middle school. As horrible as that was, at least it was only himself and not others, too. It could just have easily been. My point with that is that there are no promises in life, no "sure thing". There are risks in the military, but there are often rewards and a pride that goes with knowing you are doing something in defense of something bigger than yourself.

In a couple of months, my almost 20 yr old will be reporting for a pretty rough duty assignment. Yes I worry. And I'm terrified that something will happen to him. But I know that, even with the risks - this is important to him, and it's worth it. I have to respect and honor that level of maturity, dedication, and self sacrifice. I won't disrespect my son (or who I raised him to be) by not honoring that. (This same thing also applies to my husband, minus the me raising him part...)

Anyway - hope that answers how I do it and why....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PINKmyfavcolor
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:24 PM

This.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

It's no different for children who don't serve in the military. As mothers, we worry, just as our parents did for us, I'm sure. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)