Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone else sleep with a weapon nearby when their SO is gone? *Edit to add*

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:42 AM
  • 45 Replies

With the exception of the first deployment (since I moved back in with my parents for that one), I have slept with at least the largest kitchen knife I own within arms' reach whenever DH is away. He just left this morning for some training, and I had to dig out my alligator dagger. It's been over a year since I've needed this guy to feel safe.

Anyone else like this or is it just me?

*Its not that I don't feel safe where we live. I feel perfectly safe. I've just always been this way. I have never lived alone. I went from living at home to moving in with DH (then bf) when I was 18. So when he's gone, I just get kind of paranoid and it makes me feel better knowing I have my big knife so close.
And it's nowhere the kids have access to. They are not allowed in our room unless I'm in there. We have one of this childproof knob covers on the outside of our bedroom door so they can't get in (they are 5 and 2).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melbornj
by Melissa on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:52 AM
3 moms liked this
No, for me there is too high of a chance of my children finding one and hurting themselves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Soniam301
by Sonia on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:11 AM
I have a safe next to my bed, I unlock it right before bed and lock it back up when I get up. It's where my weapon is. That's the only way I'll keep one since I have 3 kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armyslpbaby
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:19 AM
I know where the pistol is kept but its not near. I have a taser nearby though.. but I always forget to recharge it lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USNHorton
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Dog

120 pounds of big ole dog. He sleeps outside the door. No one messes with me or the kids, regardless if DH is home or not. But he's always made me feel protected when DH is gone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:02 AM
Yes. Many.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DevilInPigtails
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Lets see, 2 blk labs.  One is deaf but the younger one isn't.  She is rather protective.

And I know were the gun are and how to use it.

lwalker270
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:08 AM
No, I don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Never felt like I needed to living where we live!

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:32 AM

I don't sleep with one, but there are some in the house...

violinjewel
by Julia on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:03 AM
This, and my dogs.

Quoting jas_momof2:

I don't sleep with one, but there are some in the house...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)