Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

baby help!

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:44 PM
  • 17 Replies
My baby just turned one and he is still bfing. He will not take a bottle with juice, or formula. He will only drink one if it has ice tea in it. Anyways he demands bfing, and it seems like its getting harder to satisfy him. He eats baby food but has to wash it down by bfing. All my other boys took the bottle right away when I wanted to wean them. Any advice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
afwifey4510
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I know its not quite the same problem, but my dd wouldn't get off her bottle. We bought her a nuk active cup and she hasn't had a bottle since offering it the first time. Maybe try getting one of them to skip the bbottle phase completely. They're about 7 dollars at toysrus and Wal-Mart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firemom702
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Is there a reason you want to wean him? It's recommended by the WHO to breastfeed until at least 2.
You can try a sippy cup. You may need to experiment with different ones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Two?! Yeah, no way! Lol I don't really want to wean him right away, but I want to move in that direction. I'm tired of eating more than normal, and stopping what I'm doing every few hours to feed him. He sits in my chair with me and bf's for a long time in the evening. Then he lays next to me feeding all night.

Quoting firemom702:

Is there a reason you want to wean him? It's recommended by the WHO to breastfeed until at least 2.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nelopyma
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Quoting adrianna1043:

Two?! Yeah, no way! Lol I don't really want to wean him right away, but I want to move in that direction. I'm tired of eating more than normal, and stopping what I'm doing every few hours to feed him. He sits in my chair with me and bf's for a long time in the evening. Then he lays next to me feeding all night.

Quoting firemom702:

My younger daughter never took a bottle.  She liked straws, though, and would drink other stuff with one.  I would focus on either weaning at night or day, and once that's done, work on the other one.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I would try sippy cups. Lucy self-weaned to the cup at 8-9 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MegG25
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids were the same way!  I would try to feed them more at meal times and would try to let them only bf at night or nap time.  They did bf until two but I know you're not comfortable with that and that's okay, but I finally would just say no or when they have certain triggers.. like if you sit on the couch next to them and they immediately want it then just get up and say hold on I need to do this first and try to hold him off until later.  Anyway that worked for us good luck though I know it's frustrating sometimes

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Jadon loved straws...  That's all I got...

Apollos82
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Do you think it's a food thing or a comfort thing for him?

Is offering breast milk in a bottle an option?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:25 PM
It's both at this point, I wish he would take formula so I know I could wean him and know he is getting proper nutrition. Pumping is something I don't do:/

Quoting Apollos82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Understandable. My SIL is give me a pump for this baby and I keep thinking "what am I supposed to so with this?"

I wish I had some better advice. I'm a first time bio mom, so honestly, I have no clue. Good luck!

Quoting adrianna1043:

It's both at this point, I wish he would take formula so I know I could wean him and know he is getting proper nutrition. Pumping is something I don't do:/

Quoting Apollos82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN