Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My baby just turned one and he is still bfing. He will not take a bottle with juice, or formula. He will only drink one if it has ice tea in it. Anyways he demands bfing, and it seems like its getting harder to satisfy him. He eats baby food but has to wash it down by bfing. All my other boys took the bottle right away when I wanted to wean them. Any advice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Replies (11-17):
kadensmomma0708
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:27 PM

If he is one, he can drink cows milk, have you tried that?  My son hated formula and when my milk dried up, it was a struggle to get him to take it.  Try pumping your breastmilk into a bottle maybe, then slowly start weaning him off that to whole milk.  Or you could see if he will take a sippy cup or straw cup, my son loves straw cups.  He is probably comforted by your breastfeeding, is he reall drinking everytime you bf?  or is he maybe using it like a pacifer sometimes? 

cocoroo
by Coco on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:05 PM
My mom said I never would take a bottle. I went from the boob staright to a cup. I never BF my kids past a few months, so I'm no help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pugsmuggler
by Rebecca on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:42 PM

My 25 month old baby is still breast feeding, you're basically screwed til junior high. You hope. 

MamiiCaliente
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:07 PM
What?

Quoting Pugsmuggler:

My 25 month old baby is still breast feeding, you're basically screwed til junior high. You hope. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:08 PM
I have two kids that are lactose intolerant, and one that is allergic to dairy and breaks out into giant hives. So I don't want to move to cow milk.

Quoting kadensmomma0708:

If he is one, he can drink cows milk, have you tried that?  My son hated formula and when my milk dried up, it was a struggle to get him to take it.  Try pumping your breastmilk into a bottle maybe, then slowly start weaning him off that to whole milk.  Or you could see if he will take a sippy cup or straw cup, my son loves straw cups.  He is probably comforted by your breastfeeding, is he reall drinking everytime you bf?  or is he maybe using it like a pacifer sometimes? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamiiCaliente
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:09 PM
If he's one he should be drinking cows milk if not breast milk... Def not formula. I would try the nuby cup system. Or allowing him to drink from a straw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamiiCaliente
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Can he drink lactaid?

Quoting adrianna1043:

I have two kids that are lactose intolerant, and one that is allergic to dairy and breaks out into giant hives. So I don't want to move to cow milk.

Quoting kadensmomma0708:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)