Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fort Irwin help!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:50 PM
  • 12 Replies
My dh is there for Ntc right now. Almost done with their rotation there.

Our hometown is like 2.5 hours away from fort Irwin. But I've never been to fort Irwin.

He said for us to meet him at Ruba....how do you get to Ruba?!?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pumerant
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:22 PM

we are stationed here at Irwin. Ruba is a rotaional living area here on post. Once you get onto post you just drive straight and keep followig the signs

anikahaynes1
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:24 PM
Oh ok so there is signs to help us out?! That's good!!! I'm so nervous about getting lost haha. Wish we could get stationed at Irwin but my dh says no. :(((

Quoting pumerant:

we are stationed here at Irwin. Ruba is a rotaional living area here on post. Once you get onto post you just drive straight and keep followig the signs

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pumerant
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:26 PM

depending on his unit assigned there alot of field time.

anikahaynes1
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:46 PM
Yeah this isn't our first gig with Ntc. Just our first time that we can go visit. He told us which day he is available for us to visit for a couple hours. They will start there packing on the 13th to head back to their normal duty station.

Quoting pumerant:

depending on his unit assigned there alot of field time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HistoryNutty
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:08 PM
Ruba is the camp where the training soldiers stay. They have a couple small restaurants there. It's also out of the way from the main part of post.

I don't remember exactly where it was though, I only went out that way once for an interview. We also just moved from Fort Irwin (best thing we ever did!) this March. You can always ask the gate guards to direct you.

If not, you can always meet up at the PX.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HistoryNutty
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Irwin sucks! People pick it to be close to family, but they all say it's not worth it.

To be fair, there were a couple people who actually liked it there.

Quoting anikahaynes1:

Oh ok so there is signs to help us out?! That's good!!! I'm so nervous about getting lost haha. Wish we could get stationed at Irwin but my dh says no. :(((

Quoting pumerant:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anikahaynes1
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:24 PM
He said he can't leave the Ruba area. So the gate guards aren't going to think I'm crazy for asking directions?! Haha I was afraid of that.

Yea I hear its a crappy place to be stationed but it'd be sooo nice to be less than 4 hours away from family. I'm used to the weather so it'd be nothing new for us.

But hubby says its be a bad career move for him to be there so whatever. Lol praying we get to Carson or Lewis someday.

Quoting HistoryNutty:

Ruba is the camp where the training soldiers stay. They have a couple small restaurants there. It's also out of the way from the main part of post.

I don't remember exactly where it was though, I only went out that way once for an interview. We also just moved from Fort Irwin (best thing we ever did!) this March. You can always ask the gate guards to direct you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Soniam301
by Sonia on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:25 PM
DO NOT GET IRWIN!

Seriously! I grew up in Barstow, if I never had to go back, I'd be pretty happy, but my family refuses to move.

Quoting HistoryNutty:

Irwin sucks! People pick it to be close to family, but they all say it's not worth it.

Quoting anikahaynes1:

Quoting pumerant:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anikahaynes1
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:40 PM
I grew up in Bakersfield. And am currently in Bakersfield. :) so I'd be happy to pcs to Irwin. Lol but hubby said it'd be a bad career move so its not on our wish list.

Quoting Soniam301:

DO NOT GET IRWIN!

Seriously! I grew up in Barstow, if I never had to go back, I'd be pretty happy, but my family refuses to move.

Quoting HistoryNutty:

Quoting anikahaynes1:

Quoting pumerant:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HistoryNutty
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Yeah, Irwin is known as a contract killer. We were four hours from family too, we're from San Diego.

Quoting anikahaynes1:

He said he can't leave the Ruba area. So the gate guards aren't going to think I'm crazy for asking directions?! Haha I was afraid of that.

Yea I hear its a crappy place to be stationed but it'd be sooo nice to be less than 4 hours away from family. I'm used to the weather so it'd be nothing new for us.

But hubby says its be a bad career move for him to be there so whatever. Lol praying we get to Carson or Lewis someday.

Quoting HistoryNutty:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)