Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families
My dh is there for Ntc right now. Almost done with their rotation there.

Our hometown is like 2.5 hours away from fort Irwin. But I've never been to fort Irwin.

He said for us to meet him at Ruba....how do you get to Ruba?!?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Replies (11-12):
HistoryNutty
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope we never get it again! After a being there for a week people kept apologizing to us because it was our first station. My kid still gets excited to walk through grass.

Barstow sucks just as much, except for the fact they have the closest McDonalds.

Quoting Soniam301:

DO NOT GET IRWIN!

Seriously! I grew up in Barstow, if I never had to go back, I'd be pretty happy, but my family refuses to move.

Quoting HistoryNutty:

Irwin sucks! People pick it to be close to family, but they all say it's not worth it.

To be fair, there were a couple people who actually liked it there.

Quoting anikahaynes1:

Oh ok so there is signs to help us out?! That's good!!! I'm so nervous about getting lost haha. Wish we could get stationed at Irwin but my dh says no. :(((

Quoting pumerant:

we are stationed here at Irwin. Ruba is a rotaional living area here on post. Once you get onto post you just drive straight and keep followig the signs

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bowtieqt35
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:24 PM

My son is stationed at Irwin omg it sucks so bad. My husband was Air Force for 20 ears. I thought Edwards was bad omg at least there was civilization close by there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)