Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families
Me less confused, my husband is pcsing to Alaska in a few weeks and we hope to go with him but here is the confusing part,me and my children went to have our EFMP screenings done and was faxed to our nearest base, well my husband says he needed them with him so I mailed them 2 weeks ago and his yet to get them so I called the lady in his post to see if we needed to do more and she said we was all enrolled and complete so does that mean our screenings was granted..sorry if this is confusing
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:02 PM
Replies (11-12):
sailorwifenmom
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:47 PM
It's hard to understand the tone someone means when they type, sorry I misunderstood the tone you meant.

If they said nothing else was needed, then that can either mean that you're ready to go, or it could mean that they have everything they need, but they're still processing it. If it were me, I would call them and ask them if this means that your overseas screening has been approved. Some overseas (the ones that are really "overseas" / another country) require a dependent entry authorization. I don't know if Alaska does, since you need the overseas screening, but it's still in the US, but if you ask them if they require a dependent entry authorization, and if they do, if this means you have yours, and if they don't require it, has your screening been approved, they should be able to tell you.

Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy3478
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:57 PM
Quoting sailorwifenmom:

It's hard to understand the tone someone means when they type, sorry I misunderstood the tone you meant.

If they said nothing else was needed, then that can either mean that you're ready to go, or it could mean that they have everything they need, but they're still processing it. If it were me, I would call them and ask them if this means that your overseas screening has been approved. Some overseas (the ones that are really "overseas" / another country) require a dependent entry authorization. I don't know if Alaska does, since you need the overseas screening, but it's still in the US, but if you ask them if they require a dependent entry authorization, and if they do, if this means you have yours, and if they don't require it, has your screening been approved, they should be able to tell you.

Good luck!

. Thank you for your responses I will call them on Tuesday.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN